Stereo Installation has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that but I don't need to spend anymore money on stuff. I did manage to finish getting the 6.5" holes cut and tapped. Just have to work on the 7" ones for the 2 subs and then I am done cutting. The foam wasn't too bad to work with. So far.

Well, I managed to find some time to finish off the cutting last night.

28.jpg

Yup. I need to run the speaker wire first and then they will be in. I need to drill and tap the holes for the subs still but that takes 5mins. Getting excited. I may get the change to run next weekend. We are heading to the cottage to drop the docks in and if it is nice enough, I might get her out.

If your taping the holes and not using self taping screws it may be a good idea to run a small bead of blue or lesser grade loc-tite on the threads, just don't use red. Or use a lock washer on the screw, the reason this is, is if a hole is just tapped and a bolt inserted it can possibly back out from vibration and weight of the speakers, make sure to use premium ss bolts/screws as well.

Its looking good, an fyi a fish tape makes running wires on a boat a breeze. On my 22' Mako it is real easy as all wire runs are pre fab through pvc pipe in the hulls anotherwards you just push the wire through and small wires you use a fish tape.

Another fyi you can buy pods for the back of the speakers, 6", 6 1/2", 6x9's and so on it makes them sort of a box and you will be amazed at how much bass and mid bass you can get from 6 1/2's and 6x9's. I'm running 6 - 8" full range memphis speakers on my build, 1 12" sub and tower speakers on the t-top.

I will post up a full detailed post/thread on the build once the hull restore is completed!

Thats a lot of speakers man. lol. I did use Blue Locktite on the on sub I have installed now. Hopefully going to get the others done tomorrow. I might even have the whole stereo working be the end of the day tomorrow. Not sure, but going to try anyway.

Thats a lot of speakers man. lol. I did use Blue Locktite on the on sub I have installed now. Hopefully going to get the others done tomorrow. I might even have the whole stereo working be the end of the day tomorrow. Not sure, but going to try anyway.

I have plenty of room! lol............... It's a 22' Mako CC! Plus Im filling in the transom and adding an outboard bracket! I'm doing it for the best sound and to draw customers attention to my work....... Its a win win.

I answered your PM. The battery is where I ground the HU and amp. Looks good. You should be jamming in no time.

Ok thanks man. That is how I will run it then.

Just a quick FYI, Make sure to use the same size or bigger wire for your ground as you do your power lead. Some people think the power wire is the only one that needs big then skimp on the ground wire. Thats a big no no.

It has been a while for an update but I have been busy with renos around the house. I managed to get the amp installed and thought I would up a pic.

98.jpg

Looks like progress. How much fiberglass you had to dig out of yourself? I love working on these things and I will be at it again very soon but I dont miss the stinging arms! Keep the pics coming!!

I had very little in the way of cutting foam. It was loose and everything fit fine. As for cutting the Fiber glass, it was easy. Took maybe 30 mins to cut all the holes. The speaker wire was frustrating to run, but it is done now. Just need to wire it all up and test it out. Maybe this week. Home renos are taking most of my time right now. Built a sandbox for the kids, building a new front porch on the house and of course getting the cottage ready to go.

stereo

Looks really good! I like the way you secure everything down also.. These boats really take a beating when you hit some waves!!

Attachments

• seadoo subs.jpg
    seadoo subs.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 110
Ya. I tried to think of a good way to get the Capacitor and the Amp mounted and came up with that. Those exsisting bolts worked out perfectly to fasten something too. It also allows me to hide the wires a little better and keep them away from my kids if they ever managed to get into that compartment.

Nice setup btw. Very Clean. I am hoping to get my turf installed next weekend. Hopefully I can get the stereo done this week.

Cheers.

Installation is done. It sounds great. Very happy with it. Just spent the day polishing and cleaning yesterday. Later this week it will be hydro turf and fuel sending unit.

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

I mentioned to Foster, but did no one else run into that damn wiring harness down the top starboard side rear speaker hole. I chopped about 6 wires right as I went throught the glass. Ugh. After sleeping on it I looked again and should be fine.
IMG_0356.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned to Foster, but did no one else run into that damn wiring harness down the top starboard side rear speaker hole. I chopped about 6 wires right as I went throught the glass. Ugh. After sleeping on it I looked again and should be fine.
[/IMG]

Ya I didn't have any issues with anything. Looks like the harness there might have fallen down because on my boat it is attach to the the cut is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back