Starter problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabadiesel

Hello,

Having starter issue. I have been having issues getting the starter to engage. I turn the they and hear a click then nothing. Repeat several time before the starter engages. Last night I took out the starter and cleaned up good, thought this might clear the problem but I think it is actually worse! Do I need a new starter or should I take apart again and retrace steps.
Is there anything specific to look for while it is part, any special lube to use when reassembling?

Thanks for the help

Get a meter on the battery and tell us the voltage when TRYING to crank the engine. Post your findings here. Jump the solenoid with a screwdriver, tells us what happens? Once you give us this info, we will go from there.

Can you tell me where the solenoid is located? Is this the unit that has the positive lead from battery, then a lead going out to starter?

Can you tell me where the solenoid is located? Is this the unit that has the positive lead from battery, then a lead going out to starter?

Correct,,,

To confirm,, Follow wire from battery, it will go to the solenoid. Jump the two lugs at the solenoid.

This plus the other info I asked for will help to isolate the issue.

It's basically below and to the aft of the starter. (directly below your bottom voltage regulator)

Good morning

I did not have a voltage meter and did jump the solenoid and it immediately kicked the starter on. I am on my way to get a meter. The battery is about three weeks old and is a 800 cold cranking amp?

Good morning

I did not have a voltage meter and did jump the solenoid and it immediately kicked the starter on. I am on my way to get a meter. The battery is about three weeks old and is a 800 cold cranking amp?

Your battery is good as your starter engaged. I assume the engine cranked, correct?

Once you get your meter, test the yellow wire at the solenoid for 12 volts when pressing the start button. If you get 12 volts then you need a solenoid.

If not, then we will go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back