STA-BIL® Ethanol Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I don't know much about it, I've been using Stabil fuel stabilizer for years. I looked it up and they also make a marine version of the product.

As I understand from Dr Honda, you gotta be careful about adding products with detergents, ie carb. cleaners, etc. because they can actually break down the oil. So more research is needed, to see if and what detergents it contains.

Lou

I read Dr Honda's posts about the same, which exactly why I asked before dumping this stuff in. Ive seen him recommend the Marine Stabil (blue), and I've used the red for storage. Just wondering if this stuff could combat some of the fuel issues with the ethanol.

To my knowledge... the new "Ethanol Treatment" is the Marine version... they just re-badged it for marketing reasons. If you have an older bottle of Stay-Bil Marine... on the back it says to use it at every fill up to help fight water issues with Ethanol fuels. Also, the new commercials for the "Ethanol Formula"... they are pimping it to the boat community.

**** EDIT ****

I just looked at the link, and that's something different. I'll check it out... but they still make a blue version for the boats. You can get it at any auto parts store, or even Wal-Mart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dr Honda! I'd love to see if this stuff would combat some of the crappy 'gasoline'. I'm going to try some of the blue stabilizer regardless.

We still have a few select stations that do not use ethanol, but I am sure it will eventually go away. :cuss: Are you guys all forced to ethanol over on those areas of the states?

Yeah, I searched online for ethanol free gasoline. There are a few places here in Georgia, but driving 45 miles out of my way for a fill up doesn't make much sense.

Everywhere near me has ethanol. I have yet to find a location that serves the ethanol free variety.

Honestly guys... it's not a big deal. So... don't go out of your way to look for a Ethanol free gas station. NO... our fuel systems weren't designed for the Ethanol... but I've been burning it for the past 10 years. In PA... they've been using it at the pumps for a long time.

The only real issue is with the Temp hoses. The Mikuni carbs can take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back