Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dothadoo

I have a 2003 sportster 4tec 155hp. I have an issue with blowing fuses. All three of my switches to the right of the steering wheel do not work. Right now the one that constantly blows the fuses is the switch on the far right. Not 100% sure what it is supposed to be for as it is not labeled. However, I used a circuit tester and ran it from the fuse box to the battery with each switch in the on position one at a time to figure out what switches go to what. When I flipped the far left one on, which I thought was the lights, the tester light came on when plugged into the "radio" fuse connector. That being a two position switch, I was thinking this was supposed to be for the lights. BTW, the radio does not work either. The 3A fuse for the lights blows immediately when I flip the far outside switch to the on position. Somehow it seems that the outside right switch is hooked up to that light fuse, which doesn't sounds right to me.

I am not an electrical expert and would really appreciate some help with this problem. It sounds like there might be some grounding issue, but I do not know the first place to start to look.

going from memory....the far right switch is for the fan, the 2 position switch is for the lights...first position is for the gauges, second position is for the front running lights, the other switch is for the bilge pump. I would start with the fan, ohm it out to ground...then try putting power to it and see if it works. Also, start from the back of the switches with the load side disconnected...put in new fuses and see if you have 12V at the switches, turn them on and see if you still have power...then follow the wires down to each load at test one at a time. Take your time and you will eventually figure them out.

Good luck

going from memory....the far right switch is for the fan, the 2 position switch is for the lights...first position is for the gauges, second position is for the front running lights, the other switch is for the bilge pump. I would start with the fan, ohm it out to ground...then try putting power to it and see if it works. Also, start from the back of the switches with the load side disconnected...put in new fuses and see if you have 12V at the switches, turn them on and see if you still have power...then follow the wires down to each load at test one at a time. Take your time and you will eventually figure them out.

Good luck

Thanks for the help. i will give that a try the next time I head back to the lake and see if I can figure anything out. I am really thinking/hoping that it has to be something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back