Speedster 150 Intake grate replacement?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dothadoo

Upon inspection of the underside of my newly purchased 2007 Speedster 150 SC, I noticed the intake grate was broken. I inspected the impeller and surrounding areas, and I cannot see any damage, except for a red mark on the back of the impeller. I suspect it was a ski rope getting sucked up, which I have found several others have had the same issue. I have also read other posts of people asking for a replacement grate and have not found any answers. Is there a scoop grate I can replace it with instead of using the OEM? Do any of the Sea Doo PWCs have the same size grates as the Speedster? Any links or manufacturers would be greatly appreciated.

Because the intake grate keeps larger objects from being sucked into the pump, will it hurt anything for me to run the boat with the broken grate? BTW, I have bent it back as much as possible, but it is still separated.

I believe I remember reading something about removing the supercharger to get better access to the front bolt that holds the grate on. Has anyone tried this with any success? I will have to remove the SC anyway to get the ceramics replaced. I have also read something about raising the whole engine, which I would really not want to have to do.

Recap:
-Replacement scoop grate over OEM grate?
-Grate size same as PWCs?
-Will it hurt to run with broken grate?
-Remove SC to access front bolt for grate?

Unless you're upping the hp..go with an oem grate.

dunno bout the size

I wouldn't run with a broken grate.

Our grates are bolted from the under side of the hull....sc removal would do nada.

No offense but why are you posting this in the PWC 4-TEC forum again? Is there a lack of people in the SeaDoo boat forums or something?

There seems to be alot of boat postings in this PWC forum now, and not all things are the same on the boats as the PWC's. SeaDoo PWC's with 4-Tec engines at least all have the pump intake grate bolted in from underneith the hull as far as I know.

Regards and good luck.

- Michael

No offense but why are you posting this in the PWC 4-TEC forum again? Is there a lack of people in the SeaDoo boat forums or something?

There seems to be alot of boat postings in this PWC forum now, and not all things are the same on the boats as the PWC's. SeaDoo PWC's with 4-Tec engines at least all have the pump intake grate bolted in from underneith the hull as far as I know.

Regards and good luck.

- Michael

Honestly, I didn't realize there was a boat forum. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back