Speedometer Component Testing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK took out the GTX on Lake Ontario yesterday evening, light winds, swells only about 1 foot or so.

The rebuilt speedometer did not really register any speed under 5 mph, according to GPS on my marine radio, but over that, the gauge on the Seadoo was within about 2 mph of the GPS. I had to double check it a few times around 35-45 mph, it reported top speed of 58 mph.

The replacement thermocouple to sense water temp seems to work quite well too, pretty close to what is reported by weather service. I did not have another in water thermometer to compare the accuracy.

Since I now have a dozen of the SS41s and the Zeners, and based on how much help all the members of Seadooforum have provided . . . . if you have a dead speedo pickup, and you are certain that the pickup is the issue, and want it working again, PM me. You ship it to me and I will repair it and ship it back to you, no charge! Limited to the first 10 or so replies, I am not going to buy more SS41s, but no problem to use the parts I have already purchased.
Can you send me a pic of how to wire just the ss41 and zeners please i dont need the water temp part

I bought the parts to fix the sensors but I can't read this stuff. Clueless I am. I threw them all away. Stings a bit paying $170 for the GPS speed sensor that is plug and play. The prices on the used Seadoo sensors are insane as well for old junk. If someone could do a more simple drawing that would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back