info gauge reading 22mph while in driveway

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

2strokeboy

Im not really sure how to explain this bit i will try my best.

So I recently did a fix on me paddle wheel spedo by replacing the components like the magnetic sensor and thermistor and zener. It works at this point and Is installed. So I started up my machine with water connected and the info gauge is reading 22mph so i let it sit for a while thinking it would fix itself. Mind you the speedometer gauge the one separate from the info gauge is reading 0. So after a while I noticed that it is fluctuating between 22 and 0 (video will be posted). But when you spin the wheel the spedo gauge separate from the info gauge starts to move. Also I noticed while the water is off it ready 0 or around 70. I am so confused but im thinking this could do with it vibrating but im just not sure.

I bought all the components to repair the sensors but I can't figure how how to wire it up in the sensor. I had about 3 of those saved up but tossed them all. :) I have 5 each of the electronics. If you're gonna start repairing these please let me know. To answer your question.... That info gauge doesn't like something ??

I bought all the components to repair the sensors but I can't figure how how to wire it up in the sensor. I had about 3 of those saved up but tossed them all. :) I have 5 each of the electronics. If you're gonna start repairing these please let me know. To answer your question.... That info gauge doesn't like something ??
I wont be repairing them but I can post a picture of what I used to wire it up or i could draw one for you. But yes the info gauge definitely isnt working. I noticed that it would sometimes ready when nothing was l
plugged into the spedo so i might just try a different gauge i have.

I'm not repairing them either. Ha ha. I can buy one for the trouble they cause, used or new. :)

I'm not repairing them either. Ha ha. I can buy one for the trouble they cause, used or new. :)
Im not really sure how to explain this bit i will try my best.

So I recently did a fix on me paddle wheel spedo by replacing the components like the magnetic sensor and thermistor and zener. It works at this point and Is installed. So I started up my machine with water connected and the info gauge is reading 22mph so i let it sit for a while thinking it would fix itself. Mind you the speedometer gauge the one separate from the info gauge is reading 0. So after a while I noticed that it is fluctuating between 22 and 0 (video will be posted). But when you spin the wheel the spedo gauge separate from the info gauge starts to move. Also I noticed while the water is off it ready 0 or around 70. I am so confused but im thinking this could do with it vibrating but im just not sure.
i wasnt able to try a different gauge cause i got caught up in ablot kf things but i was able to test the voltage on the spedo and it was reading 6 volts. I dont know if i am able to test the gauges any other way but this is so weird.

The speedometer feeds the info gauge electrics. If you are only getting 6 volts you have an issue there. Unplug the wires going from the speedo to the info gauge and check to see if the voltage changes. Also check the resistance on the INFO guage or feed it with 12 volts and see if it comes on. I think the speedo sensor wire splits and feeds both instruments but check the wiring diagram. Good Luck !

The speedometer feeds the info gauge electrics. If you are only getting 6 volts you have an issue there. Unplug the wires going from the speedo to the info gauge and check to see if the voltage changes. Also check the resistance on the INFO guage or feed it with 12 volts and see if it comes on. I think the speedo sensor wire splits and feeds both instruments but check the wiring diagram. Good Luck !
I just had it on the water today and the info gauge says around 20 in idle but once the analog gauge goes above 20-30 the info gauge reads the mph correctly. I think the info gauge isn't working properly might see if if can get around to putting a different cluster in

Back