Speedometer Paddle Sending Unit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RickH

I've read on some posts about repairing the Paddle wheel sending unit on the speedometer. I have a 1995 Sea doo GTX that the sending unit is bad. I would like to take a shot at repairing this after reading what others have done but they don't list the parts needed. Anyone out there that has done this, I would appreciate the help.

I was gonna try the repair but I'm not electronics guy at all. I took one of them apart and gave up. I have 5 each of the components needed for the repair. I was gonna suggest that someone that likes play with this stuff should start repairing them. :) I have some information on it but I couldn't figure out where to hook the components and the sequence. :) I would imagine the pick up needs to be close to the paddle wheel. LOL Looked like one big mess to me so I bailed. :D :D

Hi Etemplet
I’m not an electronics guy either, but give me good instructions or a video and I can attempt it. I’d be willing to buy a set of components off you, or if you could give me the description of each part I could purchase them on line. Thanks for the response.

I've been attempting this recently, actually. The numbers I'm getting from my rebuilt sensor seem valid, but I'll have to hook this to my ski and take it out to be sure. I've also seen some guys here talking about adding a 2k2 ohm resistor to the circuit, and I did find one scraping away the potting on the original sensor. I'm just not sure where it should go in the circuit, and it appears from this yt video that its not necessary.

I've included the order i made to Mouser for the components. I bought enough components for 5 sensors, because I'd like to try my hand at rebuilding a few. Should be $2-3 in components for each sensor.

Attachments

• Speedometer Sensor Hall Effect.jpg
    Speedometer Sensor Hall Effect.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 16
  • order.png
    order.png
    68 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, I wanna try this speed sender repair too just for giggles. I had a bad speed sender, so I bought a used one from the bay and it did work, intermittently for a few minutes before it crapped out, so I went whole hog and bought a gps sender from Candoo. It works great! It would have been cheaper to just buy the Candoo in the first place. I can solder and have a little experience with electronics so I'm Gonna dig into one of these senders at some point just to see what's what.

Post some pictures. I have enough parts to repair 5 but me and that epoxy don't get along at all. I threw a few of the modules in the trash but saved the paddle wheels. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in repait these sensors I have 2 in decent shape that are gonna go in the trash can. let me know. :D

Back