SP/SPI/SPX SINGLE GAUGE HOOD worth picking up?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdanthony

Hey all,, ive been shopping or a single gauge hood for awhile, I found one for 75 bucks, but its the teal SPX one and then I found a purple SPI. I know they aren't the 95 xp800 hoods, so my questions is though are they worth getting and painting? and is 75 bucks too much?

It all depends on condition. 75$ is a little steep to me for spi single gauge hood

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, ive seen a lot of these sell for upwards of 150 plus if its a original 95 xp800 hood ive seen it go for more...

yea, I just found another one for 60 bucks shipped, no gauge, and another for 85 shipped with gauge.

Well I would never sell them that cheap...I say take them up on it. Prob be over $20 for me to ship one to CT.

It is fall/winter though...best deals can be had right now. Im just happy I can hold out until spring.

they are, but its a bit of a stretch unless you need one for yourself.

I've only painted one black before, no other colors, but it takes paint quite well.

I just picked up one for 65 bucks shipped. has all the parts with it and gaskets are good, I have two 96 hoods that I can take the gauges out of so I wasn't worried about that part. so I guess we will see how it goes. I am parting out a 96 if anyone needs some stuff.. have another post in the for sale section. Oh yea,, I found two other hoods on ebay.. search for seadoo hoods.

The SP ones pop up on craigslist every so often around here. Usually can get them for around $30 in good condition

The SP ones pop up on craigslist every so often around here. Usually can get them for around $30 in good condition

Yea they pop up here on CL around 25-30$. Or the cycle shop up the street usually has a few for 40$ with gauges

96 XP800!

Got my hood in today, it's actually in really good shape, now I just have to decide ,,, flat or shiny black

I had real good luck using Krylon Fusion paint, the yellow is a good match, I've never painted a complete hood but I have painted the gauge cover and the handlebar cover on my 96GSX.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0479.JPG
    100_0479.JPG
    522.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0484.JPG
    100_0484.JPG
    485.4 KB · Views: 16
That dude on Ebay trying to fetch $150 and $200 for a non-yellow single gauge hood has some good chit in his pipe. I paid like $50 for a teal one shipped. I think his shipping cost was $18 IIRC. Any who......skip the paint and go right for the hydrodip. Just Google for a place near you that does it. [MENTION=43106]CReynoldsMIZ[/MENTION] did it on his 96 and it looked fan-friggin-tastic.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...m-Resto-Thread&p=348602&viewfull=1#post348602

311.jpg

I don't see the appeal... I'd rather have more gauges. Your saving the total weight of a Big Mac.

Less is more, all I need is 1 multi-function gauge. No VTS gauge, No Speedo. It's not about the weight savings for most guys, it's about losing those two big elephant ears hanging off the side of the hood that they put mirrors on. Mirrors look lame plain and simple.

That hood is awesome ! I'm on the same page with the mirrors,I don't like them, but I do like Big Macs : :thumbsup: Has anyone ever tried to cut off the mirrors and fiberglass a custom hood?

Lou,, that yellow looks great!

I was thinking of putting the other gauges under the bars area.

I gonna agree with others on this, besides looking lame the mirrors are useless.

Lou

I agree that the mirrors are useless and the single gauge looks better. In SC you can pull a tube or skier on a 2 UP as long as you have mirrors. Not that I would recommend that

96 XP800!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back