Gummy gauge support

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffspx

So my 94 spi has a gummy gauge support. My 94 sp did and so did my 95 spx as well.
Has anyone found a fix for this? Has anyone fabricated anything to replace the rubber?
I did a search for this, but didn't really find anything.
I might just order one from Minnetonka. I order a couple of things from this past week, but decided to hold off on it for now. They seem to be pretty hard to come by in decent shape, and Id hate to get one and have it turn gummy again.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

We need to convince Nick (Minnetonka) to reproduce them just like the vent fittings he did.:thumbsup:

I thought those were 3.25" gauges on the xp. Was gonna try to make something, but just havent figured how to do it yet. Would be awesome if they could be reproduced, but im sure the market is way too small for it.

Don't forget, they have the small vts gauge, small fuel gauge, both of which use the one you need.

They are hard to find but still come up every once in a while. I just grabbed a NOS one off eBay recently.

I agree though, seems like a good thing for Nick to reproduce.

I wish...I had to fight with the manufacturer on the quality of the jetboat exhaust outlets for the sake of integrity. I doubt they would even consider working with me on another project. Guess I need to lower my standards. LOL

So, I started trying to make one. I started with a rubber 2" pipe cap, cut the center out and cut it down a bit. Still need some smoothing and then dry fitting. Not sure if I like the way it looks yet or not. If I end up going with it, ill post pics.

Well here it is. Lots of whittling with an exacto knife, then sanding smooth. Looks ok, much better then the half torn up stock one. Ill keep an eye out on eBay for one, or ill get one from Minnetonka at some point, assuming he has one. Thanks1114171719.jpg1114171720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back