94 SPI craigslist purchase...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusDad

So adding to my recent seadoo obsession....

i found a 94 SPI fairly local to me for a very cheap price. Back story is, used and rebuilt a couple years ago by the first owner in western MA, then sold it to second owner. Second owner and son brought it to North Carolina to use on the intercostal waterways. One day, son and friends used it, hooked it to dock, sank a day later. Owner couldn’t figure how water got into hull, couldnt start it bc of broken positive cable, so dragged it back to new england. Was stated it sank in brackish water up to the plugs...

anyway, i thought it would be a good deal bc i have another 94 SPI, he had a title (i dont), the seat was in much better condition than mine, ad stated hull was perfect, and i figured i could scab some parts off for some of my other machines.

i go with a trailer and cash in hand. Open up engine bay and it looks like an aftermarket exhaust and a twin carb set up. New base gasket under jugs (from rebuild). Looked like most fuel lines were changed. I did find a spot in the hull where it must have hit a rock, but haven’t water tested the hull yet.

my questions are, does anyone recognize this exhaust? Will it fit a 96 SP or 95 SPX? And how do you think a twin carb on a 587 does?

Im debating on tearing the motor down and do another rebuild. Putting marvel mystery oil in cylinders first and try hooking up a battery.

thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Starter was locked up. Got a rebuilt used one from a local shop for $60!?! I was surprised at the price but its def an oem rebuilt, which is good. Figured out the water got in the hull bc of the driveline carrier bearing was blown. Again a win for me! Fixed positive cable to battery. Pulled fuses and checked/cleaned all electrical connections. Trying to flush out cylinders with running starter and no plugs. Lots of grey goo coming out. Waiting for it to clear without burning up starter. Marvel oil in cylinders. Drained fuel in tank and put 5gallons of fresh 93 in. Cleaned water/fuel separator. Fresh plugs waiting to go in. I guess we will see what happens. Carbs prob need a rebuild...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back