Something floating on my drive shaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon B

I can't tell what this is. It doesn't appear to be an o-ring from the front end of the shaft. Is there a boot right where the shaft meets the impeller that has split in two? I see a boot on the parts diagram. But a color pic of it on Amazon just looks like a black rubber boot that covers everything. This looks like more of an insert. And I honestly don't know what this was supposed to look like when it was new, so I don't have a great reference point. I guess I'll just check out some videos of impeller replacements to get some insight on what parts are actually there and look for something white plastic. I don;t suppose the inside of the impeller would have any plastic components?
Shaft pic.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I figured out the same thing last night. The little white ring kept throwing me off because it looked like an inert. But it actually comes with the boot and goes over it. My mechanic said it's ok to let this ride until winter, when I already planed to remove the pump and do some lubrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back