Impeller boot cut

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Riles

Hi everyone, just wondering if this cut in the the impeller boot of my seadoo is anything to worry about. I noticed the cut in the boot in a photo I took a few months ago of a fishing lure caught in my impeller, I’ve used the seadoo 3 times since that fishing lure got caught in my impeller (I got it removed) and it’s seemed fine. Just asking to know if I need to do something about it urgently or at my next service.

Kind regards,
Riley

Attachments

• 9B64000F-025D-4919-98F7-5C5F2EE7ABC7.jpeg
    9B64000F-025D-4919-98F7-5C5F2EE7ABC7.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 15
  • 2191B5C0-1135-43A2-A02F-8E28023422F9.jpeg
    2191B5C0-1135-43A2-A02F-8E28023422F9.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 14
That boot is there to help prevent the eventual wash out of the grease for the splines that go into the impeller. This is the only function it serves.

If there is no grease the splines can rust to the impeller making it difficult to remove.

I know many who have lost theirs and run their machines without them. To replace it you have to pull the pump.

In short, you can totally hold off.

That boot is there to help prevent the eventual wash out of the grease for the splines that go into the impeller. This is the only function it serves.

If there is no grease the splines can rust to the impeller making it difficult to remove.

I know many who have lost theirs and run their machines without them. To replace it you have to pull the pump.

In short, you can totally hold off.
Thank you for that, I really appreciate it

I find the boots from Seadoo are the best , I would fix it , if the wear gets to the splines on the drive shaft it's very expensive to replace , a boot is relatively inexpensive. I use the recommended thread sealant and high pressure marine grease.

Back