Someone on the forum buy this beauty PLEASE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CReynoldsMIZ

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/3797176004.html

This has been on my local craigslist for a while now, I actually know the guy as he is a small seadoo flipper/ parts guy around me. I just cant stand too see this thing go to some newb who would destroy one of the better looking original 95 XP's out there. I actually offered him my two perfectly running skis a few weeks ago, my 96 gsx and 97 XP for them and he was holding out.

Too bad my seadoo funds are depleated or it would be mine :(

The reason it's been sittin for a while, is because it's overpriced. $2k tops. But... I see some not-stock parts... and that would make me walk away.

As far as "Only 500 made"... I don't think that's true. But regardless... in '96... they were all over. Then... it turned into the SPX for 97-99. So... it's not really a special ski.

I bought my '96... and it was just as clean for $1500.

i like it :)
but ya.. a tad overpriced for a stocker...
not crazy high tho, the 95 still attracts a loyal following...
tell your buddy not to feel bad, i've had a ski for sale for 67 days as of tonight.... (apparently i'm overpriced as well lol)

The reason it's been sittin for a while, is because it's overpriced. $2k tops. But... I see some not-stock parts... and that would make me walk away.

As far as "Only 500 made"... I don't think that's true. But regardless... in '96... they were all over. Then... it turned into the SPX for 97-99. So... it's not really a special ski.

I bought my '96... and it was just as clean for $1500.

I would agree in some aspects. I dont really see too many non stock parts except for a painted head. I mean for a mint ski with working trim, and full compression with maintanence all done I dont see the price too high, but agree 2000 would be a better price.

The other thing is, that as much as everyone loves the 96XP, there is just no way a 96 has the same good looks as the 95XP. The single gauge hood looks 1000x better in my opinion and the graphics on the 95 are way better as well, not to mention that the hump seat is way cooler as well.

You would be hard pressed to put together a ski like this for the price in a restoration type effort.

I'll say that is a pretty clean specimen--aside from the yellow head and turf. It has the correct purple mounts, correct purple rear engine arch, correct purple VTS button cover, correct white front pipe mount, can't tell if it has the correct Aluminum water control valve housing, all the decals appear to be in good shape and there, including what looks to be the original selling dealership name on the back. The black trim looks to still be shiny, and what I think makes it cool is it has "period correct" hydroturf--a cool bonus for sure. I know most of you guys think Ah, it's just another X-4, you're right it is, but it's the first model year. That's the one everyone remembers. Perhaps being into cars and such gives it more of a rarity draw to me. If I had to choose, 95 XP Limited or 99 SPX, yeah I'm going with the 95, but the 99 is a very close second. Make it happen CRMIZ!

Make it happen CRMIZ!

NOOOOO im maxed out on skis!!! Thats why I want someone on here to buy it so it wont disappear forever! Lol. I would take this ski everyday over the 99 SPX. If the 99 came with a cool single gauge hood stock....well that would be another story!

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. As for the 99 having a single gauge hood that is very easily acheived, removing pink gelcoat not so easy. The only thing the 95 had that is a tad better is the single gauge hood. I am not a purist like [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] but we are even getting him to change his ways. I love every body style that seadoo has starting with the 93 xp. The bodies kept getting better and better after 93 but until 98-99 they had horrible color schemes and it was not just seadoo all of the pwc manufacturers went with the ugly colors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I never knew there was other companies who made skis--I never looked at anything but a doo. I was raised on Ski-Doo's. I loved eating up my buddies 1100 tripple Yammie every weekend on the water. Nostalgic, perhaps--ever wonder about your first, well I'll let you fill in the blank. How's that for nostalgic, yes, I'm comparing those two.:D

I was going to say I have only owned Seadoo as well but we did buy 2 polaris sl650s they were definatly just flip machines but I have ridden tigersharks and a polaris both had horrible turning abilities and I think they had an awful body style. My first was a 94 xp and I instantly stripped away any and all pink/purple that was on it.

What would be a good thread is one that users would log in their 95 xp800 so we can keep track of how rare they really are. It seems like a bunch have been for sale lately. Same with the 99 spx. There has to be a way to find out how many were registered in each state.

What would be a good thread is one that users would log in their 95 xp800 so we can keep track of how rare they really are. It seems like a bunch have been for sale lately. Same with the 99 spx. There has to be a way to find out how many were registered in each state.

I have been thinking of this lately too. For instance I own several Mustangs, some of them I'll consider more rare than others. I have 3 1984 Mustang GT 350's they are a 20th Anniversay Mustang, there was 5,261 produced in different variations, the next is my 1982 Mustang GT, the first year they brought back the Mustang GT, now what makes that one special is it's automatic which there was only what I'll consider handfuls produced making it rare. My point being, rare cars have registries where people register their vehicle with the VIN number, and it would be cool to have one for the 95 XP Limited's.

500 made with the "X" engine which is just first over bore. 1500 made with the non X 787s(but they had a little better cylinder porting). The 95 hulls are all 20-30 lbs lighter than the 96XPs also. I'm getting the production #'s from a recent Bill Oneil recollection.

...... but I have ridden tigersharks and a polaris both had horrible turning abilities ......

The SL wasn't the competitor for the Seadoo XP. Go ride a Pro 785, and you will change your mind. They cut WAY harder. AND... if you ride one with a factory triple pipes... it's just insane.

I will sell my XP in a heartbeat, if I find a clean Pro 785. (or a good pro 1200)

500 made with the "X" engine which is just first over bore. 1500 made with the non X 787s(but they had a little better cylinder porting). The 95 hulls are all 20-30 lbs lighter than the 96XPs also. I'm getting the production #'s from a recent Bill Oneil recollection.

aha... well that might shed some light on the fact that we seem to see more than a limited run of 500 would generally indicate. so what your saying is that they made 2000, but 500 were the X, and 1500 were just 95 xp 787 's... very interesting.. this is the first time Ive heard that but it would make sense, because ya.. i'm into SD but i see hell of a lot more 95 787's out there than I think i would see if there were really only 500... thanks for sharing this...

I have been thinking of this lately too. For instance I own several Mustangs, some of them I'll consider more rare than others. I have 3 1984 Mustang GT 350's they are a 20th Anniversay Mustang, there was 5,261 produced in different variations, the next is my 1982 Mustang GT, the first year they brought back the Mustang GT, now what makes that one special is it's automatic which there was only what I'll consider handfuls produced making it rare. My point being, rare cars have registries where people register their vehicle with the VIN number, and it would be cool to have one for the 95 XP Limited's.

< i've been a big mustang fan myself since wayyy back, currently have a 94 GT that my daughter drives, noisy little thing it is... my wife is STILL is pissed at me over the flowmasters lol (although the FM is one of the main reasos my daughter loves the car)

and ya.. they have registries... but much like SD's, and Cars,,, we have a huge disagreement in my household over the fox body stangs... i'm the only one that likes them and well, i'm out voted and thats why we don't have one lol. (well besides the fact that the fox body doesn't quite have the towing capacity of my 5.9L Durango lol)

back to the OP...
I'll stick to my guns with what I said in my first post in this thread...
I like it.... it might end up selling closer to 2K,, but I still like it dammit...
but yes... the 96 version of that ski.. 12-1500... all day long..
and i'd rank the x4's i guess like this..
95x
99 spx
96 xp
98 spx
97 spx
and if the price was the same, condition, etc.. i'd probably buy the 99 spx over the 95 because of personal preference on the color scheme, but i'd still rank it slightly below the 95x because of the limited run.

I know this will always be debated but... Ski-Doo has always made "low production" sleds for racing per say. They were ALWAYS limited to 500, not 501 or 499. It could be possible that the 500 was limited to the X engine, believable. Ski-doo would make say a Mach1 X sled and still make the Mach 1 standard production. The X would have stuff like Fox shocks, twin pipes etc... I just wish if this is the case they would have used different graphics like with a X on it like they do with the sleds. Like the Mach1 X, Plus X and the MX-X sleds. Damn Seadoo, guess they missed the internal memo on the X decals.

I'm pretty sure the 95 XP 800 had an extended jet nozzle also. Lou got a deal a couple years back. He can tell you all of the differences between the 96 and 95 XP with the 787. :cheers:

Personally I don't like the single gauge hoods. Not as sexy to me. Maybe cause I'm use to sleds, but thing the full hood just has a better fit/look. IMO. And that is A LOT of PINK....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back