solenoid

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantis6

Hello,

today i tried to start my challenger 2000 but it did nothing :( .

after some search in the manual i found that it could be the solenoid ( i will test it later)

in the manual the listed some thing to do like checking the 20 amp fuse but i cant find it.

will someone be so kind to take a photo from this fuse so i can check it.

tx

i have a mercury 240 efi motor.

now i am here i have another question.

i have a rebuild motor and it works fine no complains about it. But i find that my idle is very high out of the water 1300 rpm and in the water 1100. is this normal

OK... 240... good.

The idle: That's completely normal. Without a load on the engine... it will run fast. All that matters is the RPM's when it's in the water. AND... 1100 is perfect. Just an FYI... the Rotax powered boats will run as high as 3000 RPM out of the water.

The fuses for your engine are on the Starboard (right) side of the engine. Since you should have the "Newer" engine... There is a black plastic block, with a snap on cap on it. 2 of the fuses are for charging... one is for your ignition... and one is of the "Smart craft" buss. I don't think there is a fuse on the starter.

EDIT: I just looked over the wiring diagram... and no... there isn't a fuse on the starter from Mercury.

So... if there is a fuse... it's from Seadoo. So... look at the fuses in the helm, and see if one is marked as starter. But... with that said... there is a good chance that the solenoid has gone bad. (it's common)

do i have to order the same or can i use another type .

i saw that there is a rubber seal between the metal plate there are others completely in plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back