So tired of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

nswillin

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well once again I am posting about my seadoo xp that I have no luck with. Just did the whole impeller wear ring thing and thought life was good, until this weekend. Drove the ski around for about 15 min over to where my friend was anchored at with boat. Hung out for awhile, took it back out for about 10 min then it just died in the water. Started back up and started to get about 4000 rpms then dead. Did this 3 times so I called him and they towed me in. Was looking in the seadoo and noticed my oil pump cable broke, again. Got new cable on Friday and shudda put it on then but didnt. It broke before and I made a new one for it and the end on the pump ripped off. So i thought no prob, I'll just put my new cable on and be over it. Did a compression test today and 130 in one cylinder and absolutely 0 in the second one. I'm screwed right? :(

I am realy sory to hear this and I am allso suprised as I have read that if the oil enjection cable were ever to break that the lever on the pump would go all the way back past the idle point and be in a full injection position. If this is true you must have had a couple of strands of wire holding it for a little while and it put pump out of sink. That is only a guess :(

pull the head, see what you got. replacing 1 piston, or the pair isn't a huge job. can be done without removing engine. but mucho easier on a bench. and pulling engine isn't terrible either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back