96xp drops to idle won’t rev

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

azsxr

My xp that was rebuilt last year and has run fine for 20+ hours started to drop to idle after 30-60 seconds like a switch being flipped.
I warmed it up for about five min rode it like normal for 2 min and it dropped to idle I thought it died the was it dropped. I pulled the key off and put it back on and it started right up rode for min and back to idle did it again changed the plugs and swapped the electric box for my other xp and the same thing.?

When it drops to idle, does it idle perfectly at 1500 rpm or is it rough, and what happens when you give it throttle? Do the RPMs change at all (up or down).

Maybe you have an exhaust leak choking the engine.

Have you checked for an exhaust leak? That would cause the problems you are seeing. If unsure, ride it with the seat off and see if that helps

It cooled of today only 112 lol
The compression is right at 150 for both cylinders pulled the head nothing looked bad.
Cranks right up and starts with a touch of the button. I’ll pull the carbs in a bit but everything in the fuel system is new.
I’ll check the fuel filter and take a look.

At least it’s not seized but I don’t what to check next?

Back