Any ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jrac

sorry for the fast post... this is a 1997 gsi 717... i got it a few weeks ago it started when i got it. took it out to the lake. i hit the start button and it hesitated and then it started,,, stayed out for few hours same issue thought the button is going out...my wifes last ride 8-11-23 she was going along and then dead in the water..she got to shore and i was looking around to see what the issue maybe and i grabbed the negative cable and it was broke free from the starter ground... ok bought a new connector replaced it now this issue.. thought the battery was dead i put a fresh charged one in. took the starter out that was fun, seems good, i jumped the relay and it sorta wanted to start but real slow..

Last edited:
If you can reach it, you could check for power to the starter, also it might help
If you posted some background on the machine, like if you just got it, when it last ran, how it ran. Also take the plugs out, ground the plug wires and see if you can roll it over by hand, if you can then try cranking it over with the plugs out, may be hydro locked with oil or water.

If you can reach it, you could check for power to the starter, also it might help
If you posted some background on the machine, like if you just got it, when it last ran, how it ran. Also take the plugs out, ground the plug wires and see if you can roll it over by hand, if you can then try cranking it over with the plugs out, may be hydro locked with oil or water.
has been updated.. thanks

I had the same thing happen. The cables go bad from the inside out from corrosion. Either make new ones yourself and use parts from Best Boat Wire.com or Westside Powersports Seadoo makes and sells them. Without good conductors they just won’t start.

Back