so is it the mpem or not

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildlifeguy

good evening ladies and gentlemen of seadooforum.com

hope you are all well on your way to this summers on the water experience with your seadoo... cause I'm not.

On a short trip out about a month ago, I blew some bearing (needle bearing) in the port engine.
$1700. later, we get it in the boat on a gorgeous sunny morning and go to start and nothing... like what???

Mechanic says Mpem... other guys (787 xp circuit board repair guy) says its something simpler, not the mpem.
So, Here we go with diagnosis on line fyi

- lanyard connect "click" in electrical both, both starters button press, "click"
in the electrical box again but no start
- lots of ground in mpem, and all fuses good.
- 3amp fuses blown behind control panel - replaced
- there is signal to mpem from dess post and start buttons
- disconnect start safety on drive position sensor on fwd revrse lever
- hooked up circuit indicator on yellow /red wire to engine starters from mpem and tried cranking. no juice but "click" in mpem.
- jumped the "start terminals" (?) in the control box and both engines cranked over great.

So we know there is lots of juice in batt to start, engines turn over great not ceased, pwr to mpem, all grounds good, signal from dess post and start buttons, but nothing happens when normal start proceedure initiated.

So, could it be a heat sensor on exhaust? does the heat sensor shut down engines or just sound alarm when acivtivated
short in mpem?
or is there another simple solution which I just can't see?

the weather is suppose to great next couple of days and on weekend. need to get my money maker in the water, so let the gods of seadooforum work their magic for me.

Have you tried the advanced diagnostic on your MPEM yet? And no, the temp sensor will only alarm, not shut you down.

With the lanyard off the post, push your start/stop button 5 times. On that 5th time, you should hear one long, one short beep. When you hear this, your in advanced mode. Now, put your lanyard on the post and push the start/stop button once more. If there is no problems, it should turn the motor over. If you get a set of new beeps, count them.

Let us know what you find out. You can also PM me if your thread goes cold.

thanks seadoosnipe,

mechanic says we've pretty much gone through various steps in advance diagnosis. Mpem acknowledges key, recognizes the start buttons ( we here relay clicking, and throttle position is by-passed. I don't hear "chirp" from post (tried it with a test light and no signal to beep), never have since i had it ( is that a big deal?, or how do we fix that). lots of things can cause no spark, but only a few can cause no crank, which is what we are experiencing. would no chirp have something to do with that?
So here I am with a sexy mint boat, new re-built engine, carbs, jet drives, etc etc, and I'm sure there's a simple solution to fix the problem but can't find it.

Can anyone appreciate how frustrating it is to have a sexy thing and can't use it cause it doesn't work and you don't know why.... no mid life crisis response please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back