shuttle craft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jswope

Has anyone ever had any experience with one of these shuttle craft? Either first hand or someone you know.
I just find it hard to believe that a PWC engine and pump designed to push a 600# boat and 2 or 3 people would also be able to push that much additional weight plus however many people may be sitting in it. And do it with the speed and performance they show in the video.
Just curious.

havent seen one of these in years!!
do they still make them?
dont have any first hand experiance with them
but thought it was a great idea,if they worked good
drive out to a prime loacation with your cooler, grill, radio ect
anchor up and take turns on the ski, best of both worlds, kinda
me thinks there neat
mud

Ya Mud, I think they're still around, at least their website is still active http://www.shuttlecraft.com/index.htm but I have not tried in any way to contact them. I think one of the newer GTX with the 225 hp engine would make one of these fun, but I'm just afraid my older ride with the 110 hp motor would be kinda anemic.

I played with one this past summer. It didn't impress me very much. There are a few things that would keep me from buying one. The first thing is... in PA, it has to be registered as a separate vehicle, and the tag shops don't know what do do with it since it's power source is a second vehicle. Along with separate registration... they need separate insurance.

The second thing is, that it's big, and doesn't have the capacity of a boat of similar size. The sport deck only holds 4 people, and is almost 18' long... and is over 1200Lbs. Sure... you ski can hold a few people, but in that seating arrangement, you aren't going to be relaxing, and talking with the others like in an 18' boat.

The last thing is, when you get out to a "Camp"... the boat is dead while your watercraft is out playing.

Oh... and they are a little slow, and fuel hungry compared to a normal boat. (but not too bad)

Back in the day... they did a VERY cool unit that held 2 PWC, and a helm was in the boat, controlling the Skis. It added complexity to the system, and it's probably why they don't make it any more. I played with one of them back in the 90's, and it was a good time. But then again... I didn't write the $30k check for it either.

For me... I take my little Sportster out... and tow my stand-up behind it. That way, the wife can drive the boat if need be, and I can play in the water. I've never tried it with a bigger sit-down water carft... but it would be the same. (the towing rig is a rigid pole to keep the distance locked) If I were to do it with a larger watercraft... I would make a triangle rig... 2 poles coming off the transom tie-down points, hooked to the bow eye of the PWC.

OK... off track a little... but unless you can get it for a good price...I wouldn't buy one.

I just took a look over on their site, and I noticed that there were no prices... just a button that was marked with "Request a quote." Right there... that tells me that it's more expensive than the market will take. That method is fine for industry... but not for the consumer market.

2002 shuttlecraft

my jetsport shuttlecraft is awesome!! i have a 2007 seadoo gti in it and it runs greaT...perfect for me and the kids to run around river and play in..bought mine used from a friend...$1000...and now my 3 seater jet ski can hold a few more people..and the shuttlecraft has a cd/radio and gives me lots more room for coolers..fishing poles and people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back