Should I ues a Yamaha in-line filter in my Seadoo?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

esergott

I have a 1996 Seadoo GTI, I just got done doing a complete carb rebuild, new fuel lines, new fuel tank and a seadoo fuel filter, and was wondering if installing an additional Yamaha in-line fuel filter before the carbs would be a good idea, to help keep the carbs clean. I choose to use a Yamaha filter because it's designed for water use, and there cheap.

Filters...

I have a 1996 Seadoo GTI, I just got done doing a complete carb rebuild, new fuel lines, new fuel tank and a seadoo fuel filter, and was wondering if installing an additional Yamaha in-line fuel filter before the carbs would be a good idea, to help keep the carbs clean. I choose to use a Yamaha filter because it's designed for water use, and there cheap.

I don't think it's really necessary. You have a mesh screen filter on the bottom of your pickup tube. You have one inline between the engine and the tank, then you have your micro mesh screen filters inside the carbs. That Yamaha filter would be overkill. The more fuel filters you put in, the more resistance you create in your fuel line......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back