Should I buy ot not? Need Advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

exwrestler

Im looking at a 2002 Utopia 185 with a Merc. 210. Could you fellow Seadooers guide me on this issue. Is this a good boat? Will it lift and pull up a skier? Is it a good engine? Thanks

Nice boat!....

Yes, it's a nice boat with plenty of power to lift you out of the water. That was a venture Mercury took with Sea-Doo on their jet powered Mercury M-2 engine. It's a V-6 and the pump drops from the bottom verses the side as do all the Rotax engines.
Sea-Doo is no longer using the M-2 engines in their newer Utopia's. They have opted for the lighter weight 4-TEC engines.
The only other thing I can tell you about them, is you can't shop for the engine parts in the same places that most members on our forum do. You have to use a Mercury site or dealer to find parts. All other parts are available through the regular sites that we all use.........
Good luck!..........:cheers:

Parts....

Although the Utopia you are looking at is a nice Sea-Doo boat, you will fall into another class of distributers due to the Mercury engine. There is no one answer on who all the parts distributers are. Like e-bay, people look and compare from a big variety of shops. I do know that Babbitts is one of the top sellers. And for the Rotax engines, SBT seems to be a leader. But then again, these distributers will have a limited use for you and the Utopia. You will be able to find parts for your hull at the same places any Sea-Doo enthusiast buys and SBT may have your impeller.
That's about all I know off the top of my head.

Other than engine parts...you really shouldn't much else in the way of maintenance. An 02 boat should be in pretty good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back