Looking for part 7-5930 lining kit for Utopia 185 (2005)--shift boot. Should I sell the boat once fixed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LakeMan16

I need to locate a "lining kit" (shift boot?) for my 2005 SeaDoo Utopia 185. I've located aftermarket throttle and reverse cables, which need replacing, but not this final needed part. Marina mechanic says it's #7-5930, "lining kit," an obsolete SeaDoo/Bombardier part that's no longer stocked/sold. I can't locate this # on the parts diagrams. Is it possibly a shift thru-hull bellows that the shift & steering cable go through? Except for cables that are hard to shift, the boat is in good condition, and the low-hour Mercury EFI 240 engine runs well. Do you agree with the mechanic that I'm best off selling this boat (once it's running again w/ new cables) because it's no longer supported by SeaDoo/Bombardier, and parts are hard to find? The local SeaDoo dealers will no longer work on this 2-cycle boat either because of parts issues. [I'm not knowledgeable to do the work myself.] Thanks for any insight.

I need to locate a "lining kit" (shift boot?) for my 2005 SeaDoo Utopia 185. I've located aftermarket throttle and reverse cables, which need replacing, but not this final needed part. Marina mechanic says it's #7-5930, "lining kit," an obsolete SeaDoo/Bombardier part that's no longer stocked/sold. I can't locate this # on the parts diagrams. Is it possibly a shift thru-hull bellows that the shift & steering cable go through? Except for cables that are hard to shift, the boat is in good condition, and the low-hour Mercury EFI 240 engine runs well. Do you agree with the mechanic that I'm best off selling this boat (once it's running again w/ new cables) because it's no longer supported by SeaDoo/Bombardier, and parts are hard to find? The local SeaDoo dealers will no longer work on this 2-cycle boat either because of parts issues. [I'm not knowledgeable to do the work myself.] Thanks for any insight.
Since you have a Mercury drive, that shift cable boot/bellows is from Mercury, not Seadoo. Order from your favorite dealer.

Selling it? Up to you. Some parts are getting rare and expensive. Example: TPS for 2000 240 EFI is over $800. EPA is trying to rid the world of 2-stroke engines.

Back