She's alive!!! Thanks everyone!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolanddiemaker

Well after six long months of frustrating rebuilding and learning I finally finished,fired up and broke in my 95 speedster! I just wanted to share some pics and thank everyone on this forum that helped me out, it would have been hell without having this site to help me through the learning process! I started out with two trashed impellers and pumps along with two engines that were completely destroyed. So I went to work rebuilding the pumps replacing the wear ring bearings and seals ect...first, from there I moved on to the starboard engine and tore into it finding scared up pistons and metal fragments all throughout the bottom end so I had that one rebuilt by ses engine shop then I took the port engine out and had the top end done but I ended up doing the assembly process myself and finished it off with a new crank and crank seals I also made a leak down test kit at the cnc shop i work at and both motors passed with flying colors.I also replaced all fuel lines leading to the engine and on the carbs they weren't that bad so I didn't go crazy with it but I did end up putting new fuel filters in and having had Dr Honda go through the carbs. I also fixed the fuel baffle float and put the molded type in that ended up working great it's so nice to not have to worry about that anymore. After testing the rotary covers I found that they were both way out of tolerance so I sent them to sbt for rework. The driveline seals were also replaced and I bought the sbt engine alignment tool,that was a big help well worth the $150.00 for a piece of mind and to do the job right. The steering wheel was cracked in half from the po so I put an aftermarket one on then I put in a hummingbird depth finder so I don't suck rocks in the impellers,I learned that one the hard way!!! LOL!! I basically replaced everything I could think of and bought all new oetiker clamps and coolant /oil lines I know premixing seems to be a toxic subject but I decided to do it and blocked off the pump and looped the lines I ran it all day today with no issues and very little smoke the plugs were nice and brown. I ended up heading to the lake today to break the motors in and man was it cold! Fifty degrees in mi is a pretty cold day on the lake,anyway all went well and I went through about 15 gallons.I dont think the po ever waxed the boat so I buffed it out with a polisher and took most of the graphics off and replaced them with some graphics I had made looks ok for know but I think I'm going to change the color theme next winter. anyway this is what i had to start with and then the finished build thanks for reading!
469.jpg
470.jpg
471.jpg
472.jpg
473.jpg
474.jpg
475.jpg
476.jpg
477.jpg
478.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear, if she runs half as good as she looks, you've got a winner, congratulations.

Lou

Congrats. I know you put a lot of work into your boat. I think now it will pay dividends for you with the fun factor.

Thanks Guys much appreciated! :cheers: Now that I will have a little more time on my hands I will try to pay it forward and help others on the site with all the knowledge I picked up from you all. But I'm a glutton for punishment and I will prob end up picking up a blown out ski to rebuild now that I have the sickness!!! This project drove me compleatly nuts but man was it fun to learn the process of rebuilding and see it come to life in they end!

Congrats on getting the project done. I've refreshed/restored 2 seadoo boats over the years, and it's always a good feeling once they are done, and you can enjoy them.

Here are some more pics, and my first engine break in outing this season at Devils lake in Michigan, And again thanks for all the feedback it means a lot!!:thumbsup: boat side profile.jpgboat dock.jpgcowl.jpgboat inside.jpgwater.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. I always feel boating is not just about driving the boat. For myself, it is mostly about "into" things about the boat, at least I feel like it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, it really looks great. That's sounds like quite a bit of work you put into it!

Hey thanks! And yes it was but I'm lucky I have a cool wife that lets me play in the garage. I pretty much had to neglect the whole family this winter to get it done. I think my 3 year old forgot who I was but hey I made it up to him today and let him drive the boat.
48.jpg
Like father like son he likes speed hopefully he can wrench on our toys in a few years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back