seems like we never get the finish to a problem???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill French

I have read many threads about low performance. " new plugs no help" etc.. go to dealer...

but never a result.

Has anyone ever found out why there 215 hp supercharged 180 chalenger will not run over 6100 rpm and 30 mph vs normal 8500 rpm at 45 mph??

If the dealer fixed it, how??

Thanks,

Bill French

thank you for your reply. that is what we thought at first, but upon removing the sc intake hose, on bottom, the fan does not turn easy. it will turn by hand but hard. also hear a small whine.

Bill

I would start with the supercharger, pull it out get it in a vice and with a torque wrench see where it's slipping. Should slip around 60 inch lbs if its in good shape. The finger test isn't a good bench test, I'll be its your supercharger washers.

...I wonder, do the non SC engines have a whine to them as well? I've always assumed I'd know there was a SC issue if the whine stopped...

Thanks,might be, but if the cermic washers let go I would assume that the engine would soon stop or make a lot of noise. all seems well? just lack of power,

Thanks,

Bill

...I wonder, do the non SC engines have a whine to them as well? I've always assumed I'd know there was a SC issue if the whine stopped...

On 130s and 155s (the non supercharged) there is no whine/whistle.

Thanks,might be, but if the cermic washers let go I would assume that the engine would soon stop or make a lot of noise. all seems well? just lack of power,

Thanks,

Bill

Hey Bill, back to the "Finger Test" this test is only useful IMO if you've dropped a washer and the SC impeller freely spins in the housing. Since yours is somewhat tight, you haven't lost a washer. But again I'll be willing to bet your supercharger is slipping at like 30-40 in lbs. Which is why your not seeing peak rpm and power.

You don't have to remove the supercharger in order to check the slippage torque. It can be done with it installed. Are you sure the throttle is actually opening all the way? :cheers:

You don't have to remove the supercharger in order to check the slippage torque. It can be done with it installed. Are you sure the throttle is actually opening all the way? :cheers:

Good point ... but at least if he performs the test on the bench it will already be out of the ski and ready for new washers ...

LoLz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back