New to jet skis and new to the forum from the uk

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Migliacars

Hi new to the forum first post form the uk.

Last year an old friend of mine returned home after 17 years in the raf to live.
As it turned out he had a jet ski some big seadoo supercharged thing,<its gone now> he said do you and the kids fancy coming out on it with me and the misses, so we agreed not thinking much to jetskis as ive never been interested!!!
any ways got there he showed me the ropes and on I jumped slowly getting use to it, Once I had got to grips with it I got my daughter on it with me riding slowly round the lake making sure not to scare her, ten minutes later I said to her shall we head back to see mummy, no she shouted I wanna do 9 she had only been watching the rpm counter and realized that more numbers ment faster, so I gave it a quick blast to 9000rpm and headed back, back on land she says to me <she was only 5> can we get one dadar.... so I agreed and started looking, not wanting to spend lots on one I looked around and found one I liked not to far away £1000, being brand new to the game I didnt no what I was looking at,
The craft in question is a 1992 seadoo 580 xp got there and it looked mint the guy had had it from new it fired first turn of the starter, so I took it, been out on it now 10 times its never missed a beat honestly, its totally standard and all seems to work except fuel gauge, there are three of us now with them and it seems my old 1992 xp is the only one that goes all day none stop, and normally has to tow in one of the others, we took it to the sea, wave jumping what a laugh, gotta say I love it now,
I know there not the fastest ski but its so much fun, seems to have most people off if there not careful, tows banana boats round with kids all day.
It shows no signs of breaking as yet but what should I be looking out for, Compression is 180 psi on both cylinders no smoke rattles etc starts on the first turn of the starter unless its in the water then it take a few seconds to fire, on full throttle its at 6500rpm in seconds which is the limiter is this standard???? been told its about 45 mph.
As parts for these in the uk are not available last week by chance I found anothe 1992 xp complete less the bottom end and carbs only £100 well worth it for bits, Ill try adding some pics if your intrested.

Antony from England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back