New SeaDoo owner in SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

6.2CDoo

Hey yall. Yesterday I picked up a 1997 GSX 787 with 79 original hours! Got it for a smokin deal so I’m super excited to get it going. All it needed was a battery…until we lost the key on the way home. Seems it might’ve been left in the ignition on the ski and it’s gone. Waiting on new key programming now, but might be a few days before everything makes it back to me. In the meantime I have that STLX 1050 to play with.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    733.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 2
Congrats on finding that 97GSX, that’s amazingly low hours. If it hasn’t been ran in awhile, take your time getting it back on the water, don’t want to hurt her, she will give you many many years of enjoyment. I also have a 97 GSX and it’s one of my favourites. 👍👍

Will do. I’m ordering oil for it and I’ll treat it nice as it gets used to running again. Been about 6 years since it was run

Will do. I’m ordering oil for it and I’ll treat it nice as it gets used to running again. Been about 6 years since it was run
You know the routine? For these machines that haven’t ran for extended period of time. Drain gas of course, probably need a carb rebuild, genuine Mikuni or nothing as aftermarket don’t work and change fuel lines if they are still grey Tempo lines, if small oil lines are original they need to be changed as well. I’m envious 😉, again nice find.

I got it with drained gas already and with freshly rebuild carbs. Seems like most lines have been replaced already.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.png
    IMG_0987.png
    867.1 KB · Views: 0
Back