Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie1709

Hey everybody,

does anybody have experience using Seafoam to clean out a Seadoo engine and carb? I want to run some through both of my machines to see if it makes any difference but I want to know other people's opinions first. I'm mostly hoping that it helps with my half throttle bog out of the hole on my 96 GTS. I've heard that seafoam can not hurt a engine because it is technically a oil so it will only help lubricate it but I want more information on using it in a 2 stroke and what everybody recommends in the steps to take to run it through the engine. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Lots of people use Seafoam and Stabil through their pwc without any issues, but I am not a fan. I prefer to consistently use K100MG in my machines with every tank to keep phase separation and ethanol at bay. What ski is this? Could be single or dual carb. Your best bet with lag like that is an OEM rebuild kit for your carb with new diaphragms and a good cleaning of the little holes with brake cleaner. Really not difficult to do. Hardest part is extracting the carb(s)..... take your time with a clean work area, and get/make a pop off tester to test when done.... cleaner like Seafoam likely will not correct the problem, and may even mask a bigger problem of the filters in the carbs full of crap, thus leading to lean detonation......

That time of year again LOL. Seafoam[emoji107]
A lot of people that don't know use Seafoam in skis but DO NOT use Seafoam in skis! Ever.

It is a solvent and will strip the oil film off all your internal engine parts. There is absolutely no fix in a bottle that will help your ski in any way.

Any and all fuel issues in these are a mechanical issue like plugged filters, bad o-rings and rubber parts that need to be replaced not washed with solvents.

As Mac said the only safe bet is an actual through fuel system service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebuild the carbs with OEM kits as already stated. Take your time. It's not hard at all and all you need are some basic hand tools. I built my own pop off tester with parts from lowes for $20. Change the needle/seat while you're in there.

That time of year again LOL. Seafoam[emoji107]
A lot of people that don't know use Seafoam in skis but DO NOT use Seafoam in skis! Ever.

It is a solvent and will strip the oil film off all your internal engine parts. There is absolutely no fix in a bottle that will help your ski in any way.

Any and all fuel issues in these are a mechanical issue like plugged filters, bad o-rings and rubber parts that need to be replaced not washed with solvents.

As Mac said the only safe bet is an actual through fuel system service.

We're are you getting that info from ?
I have never had any issues with using SeaFoam. With today's ethanol fuel I recommend it from time to time.
Sea Foam only contains petroleum-based cleaning and lubricating ingredients that CAN’T HARM your engine or fuel system component.

From 25 years of experience. It is a solvent to clean out gum and deposits which is exactly the role 2 stroke oil provides. Trust me I am not being a jerk. On these skis the little fuel filters plug and the rubber carb diaphragms get hard and brittle. Nothing in a can will fix that. The fix in a can have no place in these skis.

To combat ethanol fuels use something like Marine Stabil not SeaFoam. In a 4stroke it is perfectly fine.

If you want to use it that is up to you but don't make a blanket statement that it is safe in a 2 stroke. It is well known here on the forum that it isn't the cure for the 2 strokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
SeaFoam is crap. Don't use it in Seadoo 2 strokes unless you want to create more problems than you already have.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back