Seadoo Speedster 155hp mpg?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flea

I meant 155hp not 115 btw.

What type of range can one expect from the 155hp 4-tec at cruise speed?

Good question?

Good question!....I'd like to know that myself. I've looked through all the data and can't seem to find anything.............off the top of my head, looking at the dynamics of this engine, I bet it ain't much! :willy_nilly:

I can't find much either, except that the twin engined versions with 40 gal tanks will go about 135 miles. Not sure if that even helps at all :(

3.15 miles per gallon!

Wow, if my math is correct and there's only one 40 gallon tank to power both engines, it comes out to about 3.15 mpg.......ouch!....:ack:

boats don't get much ;)

In fact, if you look up azimut, the are putting out a new 116' jetboat (yes, one hundred sixteen) that has a 400 mile range on a 3200 gallon tank :ack:

Oh dude!

Back when I was in the military, they had these hydrofoils that were stationed in the Keys of Florida. These things used diesel engines jet pumps when the were hull born but when they climbed 15 feet out of the water on their foils, they had a central jet pump providing thrust from a helicopter gas turbine engine. I saw a few of these things run...........for their size, I know they were getting at least 80 mph!.............they were awesome.
They are no longer in service. But they were an awesome patrol craft.....

Great Find!....

Although this will or already has popped up in our "seadoofeed' video library, I don't often go in and watch them. This video is a must watch!.....awesome info on the sportster and great detail on it's handling and storage compartments. Great post James!...

So, wait. I've had my 155hp Sportster up to 48. You're telling me that the SCIC has 60 more hp and only goes 4-5mph faster?

Speed....

No....I don't that is correct. I may be wrong though. I thought it was a bit more faster than that...........:cheers:

if they are essentially the same hull that top speed could be correct. hulls are made to go a certain speed. it takes a lot to make them go a little faster. general rule of thumb is 10 hp to a mph of additional top speed.

Hi all,
First post on here...( and a useful forum to boot )...
and dragging the thread back to the original question of mpg, I too am interested.

I have just bought a 2005 speedster 150 with the 215hp engine.
It never occured to me to enquire about the fuel economy ( or otherwise ).

The boat I p/xed it for was a 2004 17foot starcraft bowrider with a standard 3.0L mercruiser.

I went for the smaller speedster as I wanted a boat I could tow behind my motorhome ( mini-RV to you guys in the USA ).

Anyway, other than having a test drive in the boat, which incidentally left me with such a huge grin at its power and handling that I didnt even think to ask about fuel usage.

Not a big speedfreak, we used the old boat for towing toys and wakeboarding,so generally kept the speed down to the 18-23 knot range. The old boat was doing that at around 2500-3500 revs and didnt seem to use much fuel. Even a 'heavy' days use wouldnt get through a tank full ( about 23gals I think ). By heavy use I am talking a few hours ragging around with the toys and wakeboarding. Cant really comment on the 'miles' covered.

Am hoping to get out in the boat this weekend for my first drive ( weather permitting ).

So will report back next week on how I reckon fuel is drank or sipped !

Mark

PS for comparison purposes we are paying £1.15 per litre on average for fuel in the UK now, so that ratchets up to just over $10 a gallon. Not sure how that compares to your fuel prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back