seadoo rxp starting issue/

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kbolaloco1

hey guys i have a question for you, my seadoo ive notice that after a while a ridin and i turn it off to rest a lil be, its kind of hard to get it to fire up again, it looks like it getting choked with gas, it takes probably like 5 tries, and then it fires up and runs perfect again, sometimes it just cranks by touching the start button, what do you guys think?

hey guys i have a question for you, my seadoo ive notice that after a while a ridin and i turn it off to rest a lil be, its kind of hard to get it to fire up again, it looks like it getting choked with gas, it takes probably like 5 tries, and then it fires up and runs perfect again, sometimes it just cranks by touching the start button, what do you guys think?

how old is the battery?

Never go smaller with a Seadoo battery.

Our starters are VERY expensive and they require a quality battery and connection. Aftermarket new starters are normally junk even when new, they just don't hold up.

With a lower amperage battery, the starter is not getting what it wants/needs in order to turn the engine over sufficiently.

Not sayting that is your problem, but for sure it is NOT helping you any...

Never go smaller with a Seadoo battery.

Our starters are VERY expensive and they require a quality battery and connection. Aftermarket new starters are normally junk even when new, they just don't hold up.

With a lower amperage battery, the starter is not getting what it wants/needs in order to turn the engine over sufficiently.

Not sayting that is your problem, but for sure it is NOT helping you any...

pardon my ignorance but whats the min amp we should be seeking in a battery, i still have the box so i could refer back to the specs of my new battery, its a lil smaller because i got a sealed one instead of an acid but ill change it if thats the case

When you said smaller I assumed you meant in CC AMPs.

Fill out your profile so we can see what ski you have. We can help you better knowing what you own and or are working on...

Its an 04' (its ten years old) it see's salt i would imagine. Get some sandpaper/file, disconnect your positive and negative battery cables. File/sand these leads down until they are shiny copper. Go get some dielectric grease, put some on your freshly cleaned up terminals. Reconnect battery, now over by the MPEM (black box with fuses under front hood {left side}), will be your starter relay. It has two red capped 10mm nuts, unhook these (both) sand/file them both sides, until they are shiny copper again apply dielectric grease re connect. Inspect your starter cable connection its probably rusted all to hell. Again sand/file this connector till shiny copper, apply dielectric grease and reapply caps. Make sure battery is at least the same rating Amps as the OEM.

I'll have to look up the OEM battery to see what the amperage and CCA listing is.

I would also remove all connections and clean, tighten and coat with dielectric grease.

I can not stress how important it is to Seadoo's that they have a good battery and excellent connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back