Seadoo 720/787 Welch plugs, Exhaust plug/cap or whatever you want to call them.......

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I wonder if you use good high temp RTV sealer on surfaces of brass washer. It would it work? It's a low pressure / low temp area at that end. It's already cooled by the water injection. Mate it up to where it came off. So it fits back into the grooves and such where it came off. Thin coat of sealer you saved $50.

Your supposed to use orange hi temp rtv, they come that way from the factory, but you still have to have the washer. It's on the microfiche.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I'm moving this to the how-to section, lots of good information here, and I just spent 10 minutes looking for it.

Lou

I contacted racerxxx last monday about these welch plugs and he said he was all out and would have to make more. Well he made more and I got them today in only one week (pretty fast/reasonable to produce some and send some to me). I highly recommended these quality plugs for repairing the common leaking head pipe plugs on our 'doos and Dan is a good guy to deal with. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
old thread, but does anyone know where to source these?
Mike
Yep, I still make them.

$5 each plus $7 total for shipping. Shoot me a pm on how many you want and I'll get you my PayPal. Just got in from a weekend long hockey tournament sorry for the delay.

Can I get a few too?

I understand the exhaust and the plugs are both aluminum. Around here they are charging about $100hr (going rate) to weld Aluminum due to the cost of the gas to weld it. I only need 1, but figured I get a couple. I have a mig welder..but I can only weld steel from what I understand about my setup.

Question...what if I sealed the plug on with JB Weld all around the plug? How long you think it would last?

Edit: just found this "Alumaloy". No need for a welder now. I'm passing on the jb weld and getting Alumloy.

Last edited:
To all those interested..................I still make the welch plugs and still sell them.

I'll post here when I'm no longer making them, but for now(and a while to come) they're still for sale. There $5 each and $7 to ship. Click here to PM me and I'll get you my paypal info and we can complete the transaction.

To all those interested..................I still make the welch plugs and still sell them.

I'll post here when I'm no longer making them, but for now(and a while to come) they're still for sale. There $5 each and $7 to ship. Click here to PM me and I'll get you my paypal info and we can complete the transaction.

Just to clear up my confusion. If I buy 4 it will cost $20 (4x$5) plus $7 shipping making the amount due $27, right?

OK guys, up for sale are high quality welch plugs made from 6061 aluminum cut at 3/16" thick to fix your leaking head pipe plugs. We all know over time these will spring a leak and it drives me crazy to see guys JB Weld them (lots of questions this summer), do it once and do it right. So I decided to make these and offer them to you guys here. The pricing is easy. $5 per piece and $5 shipping. So if you want 4 it will be $25 shipped, 3 will be $20 shipped, 2 will be $15 shipped and so on to a US address. I will ship anywhere if needed--based on actual rates. I have 12 on hand and I think 4 may be spoken for. If they sell I will gladly make more for anyone else who wants them. So if you've been putting off that proper repair, now's your chance to do it the correct way.

243.jpg

374.jpg

377.jpg

244.jpg
Do you still make and sell these plugs. Mine just went out on my '97 XP

Yep, have a bunch of them. $5 each $7.50 shipped. Pm me how many you want and I'll get you my PayPal. They will ship possibly tonight or tomorrow morning.

Back