Seadoo 717 1 cylinder not firing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twielachowski

I rebuilt a 2000 seadoo gti 717 recently, new top end and new seals on bottom end. I’m having an issue where 1 cylinder is not firing, actually one plug wire to be specific. If I take plug wire one and put it on either cylinder 1 or cylinder 2 it starts right up, running on 1 cylinder of course. Runs good and strong for 1 cylinder. If I take plug wire 2 and put it on either cylinder 1 or 2 it will not fire up. Checking spark on plug wire 2 I have good spark. Plug wire 2, even with showing strong spark will not fire on either cylinder. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check your grounds on the coil and make sure the wires are inserted all the way into the coil. There are ohm readings to take on the wires. Something is likely breaking down or you could have a tired coil. I use these to check for fire. They have helped me a lot in determining if there is an issue. You can see it right away. Good Luck !!Spark Testor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back