SeaDoo 1999 Speedster SK - Green Wire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racecar

During routine maintenance I found a 12-14 guage green wire with the end detached and corroded. The wire is located inside the engines compartment very close to the middle and the rear transom. At first I thought it came off the bildge pump or water sensor, but none of the diagrams indicate that it attaches there. The wire has a quick disconnect about a foot or so from the end and is labled: W151 (or WI5I - its hard to read).

Does anyone know where this goes? The application is a 1999 SeaDoo Speedster SK w/ two engines. Please help. Thanks, Ray

(sorry that I initially posted this in the wrong tech. spot and under PWC instead of Jet Boats).

Color?

Are you sure it's only green?......There isn't a stripe in it or any other color? Can you trace it back as far as you can to see if there is a color change anywhere?
I can't seem to find a solid green wire. Plenty of green with other color stipes on them............
Get back to me and let me know.......

W151 is a Green Wire

Sir, I looked at the wire again and it looks green all the way around it. My eyesight may be going, but I looked as carefully as possible.

Someone looked in a shop manual and found this:
Wire W151 connects the battery ground to the anode.

Does that sound right to you? Thanks, Ray

Correct.....

The information you have is correct Ray. The reason I didn't see it to begin with was because I was looking at the standard Speedster's wiring diagram, not the SK model. On the SK model, it does show the green wire, just off the negative side of the battery, running to your anode.
You should be able to clean this wire or replace it (green if possible to stay in the specs of the drawing) and hook it back up to your anode. Anodes are used to absorb electrical ions to keep your electrical system protected. Once the anode has been used up, it must be replaced. In laymen's terms, it is a piece of more readily-corrodible metal attached by a conductive solid to a less readily-corrodible metal, with both metals immersed in a conductive liquid, typically fresh or salt water. The more active metal corrodes first and generally must oxidize nearly completely (hence the term "sacrificial") before the less active metal will corrode, thus acting as a barrier against corrosion for the protected metal

Where is the annode located inside the engine compartment?

I am glad you were able to verify that the green wire which is broken off should attach to the annode. I appreciate the theory behind it and understand it fully now. What I don't know is where on the inside of the engine compartment is the annode located? I guess it goes from the outside to the inside through either the bottom of the boat or the transom. Does your manual show that and can you help me with the location? Thanks Ray

1999 Speedster sk Anode

Hello, i have the same issue that you have had with the green wire and the anode, did you ever figure out where it belongs because i sure cant. i would really appreciate it if you could help. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back