1999 Speedster SK - Suddenly multiple clicks when pressing either start button?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDoo Boater

Afternoon, all -

Have a 1999 Speedster SK I am in the midst of bringing back to life after abandoning her for a few years due to family troubles and time apart. Anyway - Ive been having success with everything until recently. I was trying to start the motors up, and they were both free spinning and hitting. Carbs were rebuilt. Both motors were spinning and I had absolutely no issue. Now suddenly Im getting no power to the motors!

Now it seems as if I have a bad ground somewhere, but I didn't really change anything.

Now when I flip the perko switch, I hear the beep from an aftermarket water temperature gauge, and then when I go to start the motor, I hear multiple clicks, with a 1-2 second gap in between the clicks.

This happened to BOTH motors immediately. I know that the click noise usually means a relay, but how would it be possible BOTH relays went bad? I hooked up a CANDOO system to it, and it recognized the MPEM (however, I dont have a license, and I didnt want to pay my neighbor/buddy the $100 or whatever for a license.) so I know MPEM is good.

Where do I even start?

SIDE NOTE: Im also replacing the steering and reverse cables, and I unhooked the front steering. I believe there was a ground plug there, but I believe it to be for another component (the aftermarket water temperature gauge)

Also, I did put a smart charger on the battery and accidentally left the PERKO switch on. Did I destroy my MPEM? If so, would it even register on the CanDoo like it had? IM trying to figure out what I did or changed that could've caused this and I cant figure it out!

The symptoms you are having sounds exactly like a bad battery.
Have you had it load tested, even new they could be bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back