Sea Doo SPI 96 dont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pezaobr

Hello, im from Brazil and a newbie in this area.

My Sea Doo SPI 96, don't start, when i press START, only have a long bip and not start.

I already test the baterry and change the fuses....

tkx

pezao from brasil

ps.: sorry by my English

First remove a sparkplug, put wire back on and ground tip to engine block to insure that you have spark as the engine rotates. If so, test fuel system.

Remove the airbox so you can see the carburetor better. Remove the return fuel line from the left side of the carb and put the spark plug wires on the ground lugs then spin the engine over a couple seconds too see if gas is pushed thru the carb. If not, remove the supply fuel line from the right side of the carb and dangle that into a catch bottle, then apply 3-5 lbs of air from your garden air compressor chuck into the return line gently to see if gas routes thru gasline delivery system. Your fuel pump is on the carb to suck the gas from the tank. If fuel flows into the Catch bottle, you should turn the fuel valve postions to insure all work good. You can do a Quick Clean of the carb, re-check the above.
QUICK CLEANING
Get a large can of carb cleaner. I used this to clean the internal filter screens...it can clean one in about 30 seconds.
Here's detail tricks on the carbs: Remove the cover, diaphram, and check valve block over the jets. Spray carb cleaner into the pilot jet, with the tube connected on the carb cleaner can. Look into the carb throat, and you'll see three microscopic holes and one larger one off to the right that has carb cleaner coming out when you spray. After spraying initially, get someone else to slip their finger over the large hole to increase pressure to the three small holes. You will actually see the streams getting larger as the cleaner cleans out the varnish in the holes. This step is critical, if you want to have crisp throttle response on the bottom end.
Spray carb cleaner into the main jet too, but don't look into the carb while doing it unless you want it in your eyes!
Make sure you spray carb cleaner through the hose barbs, in and out. Remove the needles to get good flow through the inlet barbs.
You can search at forum top "Seadoo Warehouse" for the Carburetor Break-down Pic.
Re-assemble all, except the airbox top, dribble a small amount of gas/oil pre-mix into plug holes, re-install the BR8ES (gap .021) plugs and onto the Flame Arrestor screen and attemt re-starting the engine. Do not let it run more
than 12-15 seconds off the water hose.
Hope this a Helpful Note. Bills86e

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back