Sea doo gtx 215 100 hours P1520 Code Error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

samu1214

Hi! Im new here and my english its not perfect so i will try my best. I have a sea doo gtx 215, it has somelike 100 hours. Im using it in sea water, and i used it for 45 minutes straight, and the engine stops and show the code p1520, then oil pressure failure. I had the same problem last year, i send it to a place for checking the oil and its all okey, its not overfilled and the pressure its also ok, i dont think they measure the oil pressure after using it for 45 minutes. We change the oil, the filter, and then its started happening. As i said before its not overfilled. I not change the sensor, i dont know if there are one or two sensors in my pwc. Any ideas of what can i check here? I attach some photos so you can see the inside and if you can tell me where the sensors are. Thank you and sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• 16749374561191734326234256867947.jpg
    16749374561191734326234256867947.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 14
Your oil filter probably did not get put back on the ski correctly. Missing the small gasket at the bottom. Get a service manual and a new oil filter and try again.

What year? That will determine if there are 1 or 2 oil pressure sensors. The sensors do fail so I would replace first.

Only 1 oil pressure sensor on yours which is at the rear under the intake manifold. I unbolt the intake manifold and raise it for easy access to change. However, that is the newer style of sender and is very reliable. It may be a bad ECU which I have seen it throw this code in the same manner you are describing. I usually swap ECUs first because it's easy. Then inspect filter system and change sensor. Then check oil pressure which is almost always good. Then check wiring and terminal connections. Then oil pressure regulator change which I pull the engine to do.

Background only... on similar older model problem... FYI
That code scenario on my 2003 GTX and many others WAS resolved by replacing BOTH oil pressure sensors.
That was the old system, as stated by ski-d00 and also would just beep, NOT shut the machine down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back