Sea-Doo Spark Turbo - Rotax 900 (S)HO ACE Turbo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

JoeZ

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
So we released information on the Spark merely 5 days ago and already there is a huge buzz. A lot of people expressed interest in the Spark, but are hungry for more power.

How many people would be interested in a turbo kit that would bring max power up into the 160hp range? Mind you, turbo kits for the 4-Tec motors are typically over $5,000

Please keep this thread in the realm of reality, knowing it is extremely expensive and time consuming to produce kits.

And to be clear, we found a company that is in the works of producing these and just wanted to gauge the interest. We are not making these ourselves.

soooo, double the cost of the ski, to almost double the HP?

as much as i'd like to see it, i think you'd just about get it all sorted and to market about 30 seconds before seadoo released a factory supercharged 900 ACE powered spark, and you'd lose your backside on the R&D.

I definitely understand where you are coming from, which is why I hesitated to even post the thread. Is there a price point that would make it an interesting addition? Not sure I'd hold my breath on Sea-Doo releasing a forced induction version any time soon

I take it you want an honest opinion. As a recreational skier I would not be interested, however I would be interested in an upgrade in the neighborhood of 110hp, pushing the top speed in the range of 55-60mph. I think if I were going to spend $10000 I would just buy a faster ski, maybe even something used.

I wouldn't presume to tell you how to run your business, but I think it might be wise to see who buys these ski's, and tailor your mods. to those buyers. Also how are these mods. going to effect the SeaDoo warranty?

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, the kit I'm referring to is not something we are creating. There is a company already in the works of producing them at around $5500, but wanted to see if we should even be interested in being a dealer for them.

Anytime you want HP, it comes at a cost...

For me, if i was looking at the Spark, I'd be willing to spend some money on a flash but not 5 grand. I'm certain the 5 grand is worth it due to R/D and what you get out of it.

I would simply buy a 10 grand higher performance 4-tec ski. As an example, I bought my RXT new for $9999.00

Granted, we are talking two different kind of skis. And I truly believe they will sell a TON of the Sparks. For me,, I'd get a Spark and spend minimal on the increased speed and or get a larger 4-tec for the additional money.

I think those that had the 2-strokes would be more interested as this ski/engine is the way of the future for them.

this is as funny as the $6k super chargers I see for my Wrangler... for 6k I could drop in a bigger engine. for a $5k ski + $5k install... yea... I'll just pickup a used RXP-X260 for $11,000 new end of season...

Sorry, the numbers just don't work for me.

Yeah, as cool as it sounds. I think they would have a hard time selling any of them other than to maybe racers. 5500 is more than the price of a ski, thats crazy.

Heh, the kit I'm referring to is not something we are creating. There is a company already in the works of producing them at around $5500, but wanted to see if we should even be interested in being a dealer for them.

So Joez are you sayin that SEADOO BRP is not comin out with a forced induction model from factory in the future???

Hmmmm... Not sure what that means... I would say they(BRP) must be nuts not to come out with one( a forced induction SPARK-X)!!!! My head is exploding!!!! Ahhhhh!

manolocross, I'm just saying I doubt it'll be out soon, not that it won't happen. You'll see it released in the Ski-Doo line first I'm sure. We'll get our first glimpse of that in January, but again, I doubt it'll be out that soon. I'd love to be wrong, though! Lou, ecu tunes are the other performance mods currently out.

I think a turbo sounds more interesting than a supercharger, the turbo lag caused by spooling time is my primary reason aside from simplicity and probably weight.

But I have to agree, if you want power then get another ski.

In fact, I don't really like superchargers much.

As a shop that builds custom bikes.... a $5k mod is... well... Retarded on a $5k Ski. Not to mention... it's the wrong target market.

Here's the way I see it.... The guys buying the Spark are either:

1) looking for "Toy", and don't care about mods.

2) Have a small budget, but want's a new ski. SO... they don't have the $$$ for that kind of mod.

Neither of those "Owners" will want to void a warranty.

As the others have said.... If I had $10K to spend... I can just get a base supercharged, and get more power. It's just the wrong market for that kind of mod $$$.

(but my ski may get one)

With that said... There may be a market for that kind of mod, in 3~5 years from now.

****EDIT****

I'm not trying to sound negative... I just want to be blunt about the price tag. People may WANT the mod... but I don't think the R&D time will be worth the sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not be interested in these type of engine mods. I have a ski the will run 60+
I want a ski that will do 50mph tops and be very nimble. 50mph is fast enough. I just want to play and get wet.

The problem with you asking this question in this forum is everyone in this forum is a cheap azz including myself. We are basicly lured to this board when we find a problem then google search a fix and stumble across this forum. Most members do not even make a post but want to learn how to fix our own stuff and avoid paying premium prices on anything. There are constant post on where to find parts cheaper and how to fix things the cheapest way possible. That is all a plus for me and the banter and people are what keep the regulars coming back. There are a rare few that are into the real mods like that but most guys on here seem to be rec riders like myself. A small am upgrade like sponson or intakes are the main mods here.

The spark itself is and we are getting one. Headed to the dealer tomorrow. The turbo however is way out of the cheap range. My reply was to the thread not your post. I am reffering to the original question.

Back