Sea-Doo Spark Review - X4 Enthusiasts Rejoice! The Spark is here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
At least your head is on straight and you're not talking Yammie.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

HAH! I'm not a fanboi of any one brand. I'd own them all if it was the right machine.......that and I had a lot more money. lol

Very interesting. Love the price! I will definitely have to research the older X4 to see all the true hype about them as I am new to the Doo world.

HAH! I'm not a fanboi of any one brand. I'd own them all if it was the right machine.......that and I had a lot more money. lol

Lol, Lotta Hondas in that drive way. Just kidding.

Lol, Lotta Hondas in that drive way. Just kidding.

That's very true. I added another one on Friday. lol I don't have a Honda ski.......yet.

Untitled by christsc, on Flickr

Granted I looked at pretty much every brand truck possible, and this just fit everything....mainly price. Funny thing is I actually consider myself more of a jeep fan than anything else. Sadly jeeps aren't built like they used to be. Which is why there isn't one in my garage. I'll get an old CJ and build it up one day.

Hmmmmmm I'd consider selling the XP for this.

Yep... it's basically a 720 powered X4... but with clean 4-stroke power. Now... if we could squeeze out another 20 HP... we would right in line with the 800 X4's.

I may consider one of these to replace my XP also. Unfortunately... I think I would have to part out my ski to truly make it worth the $$$. I would be hard pressed to get $1500 for it as is... but I could make over $2k in parts.

OK, I see the 2 up and the 3 up. Can you convert the 2 up to the 3 up? Just how modular is the build on this? It would be great to get the 2 up and be able to add the 3 up seat and deck extension(or reverse). I saw in the one video the deck extension, so that looks like a possible add-on to achieve the 3 up?

Yep... it's basically a 720 powered X4... but with clean 4-stroke power. Now... if we could squeeze out another 20 HP... we would right in line with the 800 X4's.

I may consider one of these to replace my XP also. Unfortunately... I think I would have to part out my ski to truly make it worth the $$$. I would be hard pressed to get $1500 for it as is... but I could make over $2k in parts.
Apparently there's a turbo kit for that motor that pushes out 250hp on the snowmobile!!! That'd be ridic if you could fit it on that ski. Holy hell!

I also read that you can interchange the colored panels within a matter of minutes if you get tired of one color.
I like the fact that it is modular and you can take the top half off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OK, I see the 2 up and the 3 up. Can you convert the 2 up to the 3 up? Just how modular is the build on this? It would be great to get the 2 up and be able to add the 3 up seat and deck extension(or reverse). I saw in the one video the deck extension, so that looks like a possible add-on to achieve the 3 up?

In the reading I have done, yes...

There are two bolt on parts that make it the 3up Ski.
So the hull is the same...

I also read that you can interchange the colored panels within a matter of minutes if you get tired of one color.
I like the fact that it is modular and you can take the top half off.

Being able to split the ski is priceless... Assuming that the seam is not a weak link. I would hope that that took a good long hard look at the seam/seal.

This being a new ski there is likely to be some "New Model Quirks"... Being able to split the hull may become crucial to the dealers...

$4999 starting price for a brand new Spark?!?! That is a great price! Its hard for me to believe that any new ski could be sold for such a low price! Amazing.

Thanks Coastie. Can't wait till they hit the showroom floors. Gonna have to call the dealer tomorrow to have them give me a jingle when one hits. That camo looks rad. I would assume the HO and the 3 up are gonna add to the price tag.

Seeing the prices on most other models, I wouldn't even think to buy a new one, the Spark changes that, and I hope it does for many other PWC owners and others looking to get into the sport.

Thanks Coastie. Can't wait till they hit the showroom floors. Gonna have to call the dealer tomorrow to have them give me a jingle when one hits. That camo looks rad. I would assume the HO and the 3 up are gonna add to the price tag.

I read the numbers but have already forgotten them.

The fact that it is modular is one of the fantastic selling aspects. On the same token, it is the bolt on part that normally cost a bit...

I will see if I can find the numbers again..

The modularity really is more of a thing to help the factory and keep costs down. Per the engineers, it is not design to be changed after purchase. I am not sure what needs to happen to turn a 2-up into a 3-up (or visa versa), but they said it was not designed to be changed after the fact. Definitely some room for aftermarket to improve that!

******CORRECTION*******
After reading my notes from the event, the real reason has to do with certifications. If certified as a 2 person craft, you cannot simply add a seat and extension and make it become a 3 person craft. Has to do all with the coast guard certifications. I'm not sure if there is a work around, but this is why the engineers explained you can't simply buy the addon to convert.

Being able to split the ski is priceless... Assuming that the seam is not a weak link. I would hope that that took a good long hard look at the seam/seal.
I can assure you that after very very lengthy discussions with their engineers, they took a good hard look at every piece on the Spark. Even the washers used on the seam were custom designed to better the end product.

I can assure you that after very very lengthy discussions with their engineers, they took a good hard look at every piece on the Spark. Even the washers used on the seam were custom designed to better the end product.

There is money in this even if the only licensed the idea of how the seam works.

This is something that should have been around for years. Is it priceless,,, officially no. But in reality,,, pretty much.

I think it'd be great to see a seam introduced into other models, but almost certainly it will not transcend beyond the Spark.

Back