Sea-Doo Dealer Isn't Always A Dealer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CipoWins42

So, I can get a spare DESS for my Speedster at a Sea-Doo boat dealer, but not at a Sea-Doo PWC only dealer?
How does that make sense?

It should be the same program to program it. Thats odd. The guy who works on my boat can program them using the same program. Of course this is for older non BUDs system equipped stuff.

It should be the same program to program it. Thats odd. The guy who works on my boat can program them using the same program. Of course this is for older non BUDs system equipped stuff.

It's the same device... but separate software upgrades. That software is expensive and if a dealer isn't doing boats... they aren't going to pay for the software.

I had no idea you could be one and not the other. That's like going to a Ford dealership and they car service your car, but not your pickup. That potentially reduces the number of my useful Sea Doo dealers in my area greatly. I'm concerned now as to whether or not I made the correct decision in purchasing a Sea Doo boat.

I guess I didn't really get the "official" 10 Hour Service at the non-boat dealer then either huh?

If it weren't for the postings on this forum, I would be lost.

I took my Speedster back to the dealer I bought it from to have the bimini installed and told them about the 10 Hour service done at another dealer, but the maintenance light was still being displayed. I explained my concern about not being sure I had received the "official 10 Hour Service."
I picked it up today, expecting a huge bill. They went through and re-checked everything, reset the maintenance light, adjusted my throttle cable, NO FREAKING CHARGE!!!
I'm feeling mo better about the boat and the dealer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back