Scored me a nice little waterproof camera!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I bought the wife a digital cam for Christmas that does nice photos, movies, etc. But she won't take it on the boat, and seldom has the battery charged when I need to use it.

So I checked my BestBuy Reward Zone points and had $130 worth of points, so I cashed them in for a Fuji Z33. 10 mpixel, with movie and sound recording, and good for use up to 10 feet under water!!:hurray::hurray:

Tiny little thing with all sealed buttons and doors. Can't wait to use it!!!

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/z/finepix_z33wp/

100.jpg

101.jpg

It is the smallest and least expensive waterproof digital camera at $179, and the next 2 above it were $279 and $379. The more expensive ones got BestBuy consumer ratings of 4.5 out of 5 max, with 10-12 raters.

This cheap one got 4.9 out of 5 (12 raters) and one of the complaints was "It sinks like a rock!"

I have the lanyard on it, and am looking for a foam floaty key-chain to attach to it for use on the water.

I got one of those new Casio, Boulder Zone phones. Has a compass, flash light and put out by Verizon. It is water proof for 1 meter for 30 minutes... but it sinks too...The last 3 phones got wet and went south. I hope this one lasts longer than 6 mouths. I just have to remember to hang on to it also, and don't drop it in the water. :ack: :rofl: I might look into that little camera too.

Karl

I have the Olympus Stylus 850 and I love it. Takes great underwater pics. We took it snorkeling in Jamaica and it was great. I just need to find a good floating strap for it. I keep it on the boat now. I recommend a waterproof camera to anyone with a boat. They can be fun.

I was curious if the key chains would hold it up. I just havent checked. Your post got me lookin on ebay today and I found a cool floaty strap for 12 bucks.

They all look the same to me. The little string that attaches is the same for all of them.

Thanks for the link!:cheers:

Just to test it out, I threw it in the pool with the yellow floaty, and it popped right back up! :hurray:

It was a bit difficult letting go of the camera. It just doesn't FEEL right putting an electronic item into the water.

It did just fine.

Its nice knowing that it can handle it. If I could only get a cell phone that was comparable.

In Karl's post above, he has a cell phone that is waterproof...

I got one of those new Casio, Boulder Zone phones. Has a compass, flash light and put out by Verizon. It is water proof for 1 meter for 30 minutes...

I searched for a floating cell phone...no go. When I saw this one I jumped on it. I already had an oops done on me...I got sprayed with a garden hose, :rofl: real funny except my phone got blasted real good... :ack: Not a problem, as it didn't even phase it.

Karl

Since I work for the fire dept, mine tend to get wet a lot. they usually hold up...its the ones I have dropped in water that havent made it so well...lol

I did that last summer. I was helping my buddy get his boat launched, watching from the sidelines getting ready to board my own boat and his boat started drifting away down the launch area, so I instinctively quickly walked in the water to grab the line, I had my swim suite on...and my cell phone. oops...phone took a swim too. That was the end of that one.

Sorry for getting off the subject. This thread is about a cool water proof camera...

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
It was relatively cheap. Listed for $179 at Best Buy. the one that it is replacing I paid over $700 for back around 2000. It did movies with low quality and no sound. Could only handle 8 megs of flash memory (about 31 pics at high quality), and took decent pics, but with only 3.1 mpixels.

This one does video in higher quality, with sound, I have 8.25M memory, takes over 1600 pics on one mem card. Plus, most important, takes underwater pics and is waterproof.

Oh, almost forgot. You gotta add another 99 cents for the floaty keychain foamy thingamabob...:reddevil:

Back