RXX for sale - cheap?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Only needs $100 worth of repairs to double the value"..... I never understood how dumb people can be...

They are a tough sell. Around here the last few have sold for 25-3k. If someone could get it for 18ish and everything checks out its a pretty sweet deal if you want a RXX.

I get $3500 a pop down here every time. I've seen a couple good examples go over 4K on ebay with live bids pushing it. People will wake up someday soon there is probably only about 150 left in the states(250 originally).

Sucks somebody stripped the graphics. Imo one of the best graphics packages ever

If I wasn't broke, I would try to make another trip to MD to pick it up (That's where I bought my 1996 XP)! An RXX was the first ski I ever rode, have wanted one since but could never find one close that was remotely reasonably priced.

seems pricey to me for something that doesn't officially run.

but then again I never quite understood the attraction to the triple pipe model, on any brand they seem inherently unreliable and if you go single pipe then it loses that power boost and becomes more like a fancy RX with a big price tag.

I always loved the graphics package.

The difference with the price is flipping vs keeping. Not really in the same ballpark ask its a good price for keeping. If I had 2g's burning a hole in my pocket I'd be in the car. I hate the 951, but would buy it for the rarity. And I want to be like 1 of 500 when I grow up.

The difference with the price is flipping vs keeping. Not really in the same ballpark ask its a good price for keeping. If I had 2g's burning a hole in my pocket I'd be in the car. I hate the 951, but would buy it for the rarity. And I want to be like 1 of 500 when I grow up.

We all want to be like 1of500 when we grow up
Idk why. [emoji5] I want to be like Braley [emoji6]

If it were me I'd lowball the crap out of him. The mpem could be dead. I mean how do you lose the key?

i really hate how bad of a wrap the 951 has. they're really not bad engines just like everything else they have their quirks. i'd say 89% of all 951 problems come from improper maintenance or people thinking they know what they're doing but really don't. The other 11% of the problems come from the carbs. the epa was really cracking down on 2-strokes in the late 90's early 00's and unlike kawi and Yamaha, (who's high performance motors where triples) brp's approach was great from an engineering standpoint but not an emissions stand point. we all know the 951 made 130 hp in a single pipe configuration, which at the time was unheard out of a twin cylinder engine. which was an awesome thing, make almost as much horsepower as your competitors without the extra 50-60lbs of the 3rd cylinder, plus other advantages (less rotating resistance, smaller platform giving you the ability to have a smaller overall hull size, etc) however as we all also know you have to burn fuel and air to make horsepower. something the triples excelled at. they could make 140-150 horsepower while producing less emotions and displacing heat than the 951 could cause they had that extra cylinder, extra exhaust port, extra carb, etc. so whats the easiest way to cool down a 2-stroke? fuel. and with the epa regulations brp couldn't just richen up the carbs without breaking them, thus came the carb modifications and very lean jetting that the 951 had. it created way too delicate of a balance that had to be maintained and when things where not maintained perfectly...boom. this problem was especially exposed on the rxx. those twin pipes make those pistons run HOT. the carb design just can't flow the necessary fuel, no matter how big the jetting, needed for performance applications.

anyway, there's my rant for the month. and wouldn't we all like the stash [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] has? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back