RXT-X 300 vs. RXP-X 300

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

asianlink37

Hey I was looking for some feedback from anyone who has personally rode either of these skis. One of these will be my next ski and I was hoping info from present owners would be able to help me choose between the two. I know the differences in both but maybe someone speaking from experience could help in deciding. Thanks in advance for all replies.

I have the RXT. LOVE the ski. I like that it is a 3 seater as compared to the XP. If you want tow someone you can legally do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the GTX 300 Limited this last week and will be taking out for the first time this Sunday in the St. Johns River.

Had the GTX260is Limited prior but could not resist the extra ponies.

I have the RXT. LOVE the ski. I like that it is a 3 seater as compared to the XP. If you want tow tow someone you can legally do so.

Towing isn't an issue for me. Not saying I would never tow someone, but as of right now I'm just too selfish of a rider HAHA. I'll occasionally ride with the wife on back but the third seat isn't necessarily a deciding factor. Some of the reviews I've read state that there's a sacrifice in speed and handling from the XP to the XT due to the size and less aggressive sponsons. Majority of my riding is either in the Delaware river which can range from glass flat to fairly heavy chop to bay/inlet/(close) offshore riding. Pretty diverse riding conditions which is why I'm really taking the time to think this choice over...

I bought the GTX 300 Limited this last week and will be taking out for the first time this Sunday in the St. Johns River.

Had the GTX260is Limited prior but could not resist the extra ponies.

I checked out the GTX 300 as well. It has a lot of the same features as the RXT/RXP. It sounds like such a stupid factor to sway my decision but I can't stand the one and only color scheme they offer for it. Maybe I'm just biased because I love the new red paint job they started offering for the XT/XP.

I checked out the GTX 300 as well. It has a lot of the same features as the RXT/RXP. It sounds like such a stupid factor to sway my decision but I can't stand the one and only color scheme they offer for it. Maybe I'm just biased because I love the new red paint job they started offering for the XT/XP.

I agree, I just ordered a rxt-x300 but looked at he gtx also. The black/pewter combo just wasn't doing it for me but feature wise it's great. Sounds like you'd be fine on an xp, I'm going to be in the ocean more than less so I opted for the bigger boat but speed wise the xp should be great.

I agree, I just ordered a rxt-x300 but looked at he gtx also. The black/pewter combo just wasn't doing it for me but feature wise it's great. Sounds like you'd be fine on an xp, I'm going to be in the ocean more than less so I opted for the bigger boat but speed wise the xp should be great.

Now that was one of my concerns too, how the smaller ski might get tossed around in heavy chop. With the XT being something like 9 inches longer than the XP, I might not even fit on the smaller ski as I am 6'3".

Now that was one of my concerns too, how the smaller ski might get tossed around in heavy chop. With the XT being something like 9 inches longer than the XP, I might not even fit on the smaller ski as I am 6'3".

I've been told height is not a factor as far as seating/comfort.

And the hull itself, XP or XT, will handle ocean water fantastic.

When I ride my 09 XT in 4' seas in the ocean, my buddy with his newer s3 XP keeps up with me just fine, actually he might be better off because of that ergo lock seat.

So (opinion not fact) I think both models will handle ocean riding just fine, its just a question of whether or not you want the extra length to accommodate passengers.

I'm new to the pwc world but have to assume the bigger boat will be more comfortable in a chop but im not speaking from experience. Im 6'2 myself and always appreciate the extra room

I'm new to the pwc world but have to assume the bigger boat will be more comfortable in a chop but im not speaking from experience. Im 6'2 myself and always appreciate the extra room

most of the "room" is behind you, it might make heavy chop slightly better, but probably only noticeable by an experienced rider that has been on both. The Hull itself on handles chop amazingly, on both the XP and XT. Its not like the differences on the older hull styles, where the xp was really crappy in chop and the XT and GTX were much better, those differences aren't nearly as dramatic on the s3.

The differences I noticed by watching xp and xt riders on the t3 hulls were that the xp riders could toss the back end around more easily, so it was more nimble for hard turns but for ripping away mostly in a straight line in 3-4' of chop then both models were just fine, they both seem to cut through just fine, T3/S3. At least the both look fine from an observers POV.

Back before the hull change it was night and day, the 3 seaters pulled way ahead and us guys on the 2 seaters were eating wake, we just plain and simply couldn't keep up, I think the difference is still there but marginalized.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my RXP 300 for about a month now and it's great! If you like fast solo rides and hard turning then go for the RXP

I have had my RXP 300 for about a month now and it's great! If you like fast solo rides and hard turning then go for the RXP

Scotland huh? Very cool. I was just in Ireland and I didn't see a single PWC on the water!

Yeah Scotland/Ireland a bit cold at this time of year for jet-sking. Starting to warm up now though, and people tend to use there skis in the Lochs rather than the sea. It must be nice living in warmer climates all year round!

I loved scotland, but also didn't see any pwc's during the week I was there.

Didn't see many boats at all to be honest, which surprised me.

I have been going up to Loch Lomond recently and there seems to be a lot of jetski activity there! Plus it's great scenery.

LMAO!! You guys worried about a near 1000lb RXP being "tossed around" in the ocean while I'm here trying to cop a Blaster for ocean riding. Good lord guys just buy a boat. [emoji58]

I would go RXT. Its still very fast handles very well and is super comfortable. My wife is with me half the time and the extra space is great. We strap on 2 beech chairs and put the yeti cooler on top of the foot well behind my wife and head to beach its a 14 mile ride at 40MPH.

LMAO!! You guys worried about a near 1000lb RXP being "tossed around" in the ocean while I'm here trying to cop a Blaster for ocean riding. Good lord guys just buy a boat. [emoji58]

It does make a difference. The extra foot in length makes a difference. The extra weight makes a difference. The extra room on the seat makes a difference.

Unless you've ever run through a mixing bowl for any length of time it's unlikely you'd understand.

Being on a ski for 15min at a stretch is not gonna prepare you for being on one for hrs at a time...especially for an old, slow, fat guy like me.

It does make a difference. The extra foot in length makes a difference. The extra weight makes a difference. The extra room on the seat makes a difference.

Unless you've ever run through a mixing bowl for any length of time it's unlikely you'd understand.

Being on a ski for 15min at a stretch is not gonna prepare you for being on one for hrs at a time...especially for an old, slow, fat guy like me.

I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I understand. Well, I don't truly understand because my main objective on skis is air time and control but I do see your point.

Like I said, I'm just stirring the pot for fun. Don't take it seriously.

I am really interested to see what top speed I get on my RXP 300 once it's fully run in. Not long now it's sitting on 6hrs.

Take some video and post it. Use a GPS to calculate the speed :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back