RXT-X 300 vs. RXP-X 300

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changes at 10hrs. The ski is limited in power between 0-5hrs and gradually the power of the ski increases as it reaches the 5hrs. After that it's just a case of using different engine revs to make sure everything is nice and bedded in properly whilst never giving it full throttle for any period of time up until you reach the 10hrs. After that you can go flat out for long periods of time! So moral of the story is by the time it reaches 5hrs it is already giving full power.

87.jpg

TX all day.. It's definitely a big boat..

I've ridden PX and TX back to back. Both insanely great ski's. The PX/T3 is a tighter turning (more lean in) and generally a wetter ride. Definitely more sporty of the two. The TX/S3 sits higher on the water and tends to turn flatter, especially at speed.

There's more room on the TX/S3 for legs. I wouldn't worry about the overall length as it's 15cm bigger but it 'feels' a lot bigger ski than the PX. The PX will be a wetter ride than the TX which feels higher and dryer than the PX.

Depends what you want really. If seating capacity and/or towing doesn't come into it, depends on your riding style. I've got the problem choosing because I want to tow but am an aggressive rider and spend most of my time without passenger...... I'm leaning to PX.

I don't know if towing with the XP or the XT would make much of a difference? I know in my RXP 300 manual it says the ski should not be used for towing. I have no idea if this is because the towing hook is not up to the job or if it is more to do with not being able to accommodate the person being towed plus a spotter as its only a 2 seater! Any ideas folks??

The towing concern is that a lot of states require that the tow vessel can carry all persons if required. I.e., rider, observer and towed person (i.e. Minimum 3 seater)

I'm 6-4 and I fit fine on the RXP. It does get a little squirrelly at low speed with 2 riders. Once you get moving, it's fine. The RXT most likely won't have that issue. Having said that... The RXP is incredible! Fast, responsive, and easy to fling. Pick your poison. I'll probably buy my wife the RXT or GTX next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back