Rxp260rs engine light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0319

Hi
I have just purchased a rxp260rs 2015 in November and from day one the engine warning light comes on when you start throwing the ski about.
Starts by load beeping then warning across dash(check engine) and then engine light comes on and looses power,after about 10 second light goes off and power comes back.
I have taken ski back to place of purchase 5 times now and got it back yesterday and same thing happened.
They have told me it was a levelling sensor (replaced twice)at first now it is the air in the water that is going into the engine that is causing the problem.
I think they are talking crap but I am not a mechanic.
$20000 for a ski that they are basically saying don't have fun on it its not made for that.
Any ideas out there as my next step is writing to Seadoo as this company does have a bad reputation that I've found out but the way I have been treated from day one was very poor.
Look forward to any feedback
Thanks

With the 4-tec engines, it is nearly impossible to determine issues without a scanner tool. Candoo Pro is one of them. One of the best investments I have made relative my Seadoos.

That said, you would not expect to have ongoing issues with a new ski. I would not be happy and would be all over the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me explain about fault codes. It MUST be throwing a fault if the check engine light comes on. However, some faults are not stored, so when you shut off the engine, they disappear. If there are no stored codes when you have it checked by dealer, then the best thing you could do is make the investment in a Candoopro system. Run the ski until you trigger the fault, go back to the dock, hookup your Candoo system to the ski without shutting it off and read the codes. This will show you what is triggering the fault.

However, all faults that trigger limp condition are stored, so perhaps the dealer doesn't know what he is doing. Still, making the investment in a Candoo system would allow you to take matters into your own hands and get it figured out.

Yeah, if it is loosing power when the light comes on it is going into limp mode and should store a code. Your dealer probably is not reading it correctly. I would take it somewhere else or as others have said purchase a candoo pro.

I agree with getting the Candoo but if it were me, and I had just bought it
I'd be furious at having to spend another $400 because my dealer is too incompetent
to diagnose my machine. I don't know if there is a lemon law where you are
but I'd be contacting BRP immediately.

I have now contacted BRP last night and they have made contact with myself today which I very much appreciated our chat....so I have a good feeling things will get sorted quickly.
BRP have gave me the option of working with another dealer.
I will not use the same dealership again that is for sure.
Will let you know how everything goes
Thanks for feedback

Back again and not happy........
Was given opertunity to put ski into another dealer in Adelaide to fix ski(five and a half days later) received phone call to collect ski(replaced exhaust sensor for fourth time)took ski out yesterday and low and behold alarm went with in half an hour(not happy).
Talked to another guy from the technical department of BRP and could not believe what he said "that it was not their problem" a ski that has never been right since coming out of the box.
Have now asked for a new ski or money back.
Left without a ski over Australia Day and summer ($19000 worth).
Also calculated how much fuel has gone into ski in 24hrs when running($1700) as ski will use one full tank of petrol to nearly one hour of running(yet been told should at least get 3hrs per tank).
Looks like I will be going down the legal road with this one.
Not to happy as you can imagine and very much bewildered with the attitude of BRP.

Something is wrong for sure. And the fact that you are using so much fuel should be an indicator to the issue.

For example, when a car throws an O2 sensor code, people change the sensor ASSUMING it is defective. When in reality, the sensor is doing its job and registered either a rich or lean condition. I am guessing your ski is doing the same thing. The Exhaust Sensor is doing its job. Based on you going through so much fuel, I am betting you will find you have a bad injector, TPS, CTS (Out of range but not defective) or something else that controls fuel volume and or pressure.

If you have not, you need to explain to the dealer that you re using so much fuel and that you BELIEVE the manifold sensor is NOT defective and in fact doing what it is suppose to do. SENSE a lean and or rich condition...

I am assuming that the exhaust sensor is a sensor much like that of an O2 sensor, not an overheat sensor. I would bet I am right as most over heat sensors are threaded into the cooling system routing. Such as the intake or the block...

Does this make sense to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have told them this from day one as I asked why it was going through so much fuel and was told if you ride it hard it will go through petrol but I do not ride my RXP any different to my gti 155 so I just feel they either have no idea or are just to buzzy to bother.
I just can not believe the way BRP have responded to the problem and am absolutely disgusted that a company of their stature can turn round and say it's nothing to do with us.
I just wish there was some way of contacting the CEO of BRP in Canada to see what he would say as $22500 comes hard to a working man.

I believe based on your statements, that the tech does not really understand how/why the electronics work. If they do not, then you will continue to get new sensors installed as they THINK the code is telling them it is defective... And that is NOT the case..

This happened to mine looked at owners manual and it pointed to the key cleaned the and drss post with we'd-40 and it is all good

Update on ski
Well bills motorcycles have had ski since last Wednesday and after a couple of phone calls and emails they won't tell me anything,seemingly waiting for tomorrow (why I don't know ).
I have contacted consumer affairs and they are talking up my case and have said they should have replaced ski or given money back in full.
Out of all this I can't believe how BRP are responding or should I say not responding to emails and phone calls about the situation.
I would have thought they would have been more concerned about the good name and reputation of their company and the so called first class service they talk about and customer satisfaction which to date is very much lacking.
From a world wide company to be disrespectful to the people who don't think twice about buying their products I think should have a real good look at their self.
Anyway sorry to go on.

I feel your pain especially buying a brand new high end seadoo . Sometimes when one of my jet skis break in the back of my head I think I should of bought a yamaha . Lol

Every now and then, things just happen. I do want to reassure you that, this is not the norm. Please do not let this one episode spoil your thoughts on Seadoos. In most cases, they are simply great...

That said, I can FULLY understand your frustration and truly hope it all works out for you..

I have actually had a authorized seadoo dealer tell me that he did not have buds which is seadoo diagnostic software . To properly diagnose problems with 4 tec engines . I would take it to a different dealer . 4 tec engines are very complicated high performance engines . And I think there are a lot of 4 tec wanna be's out there

Also they do sell the scanner and software . You might want to think about buying it . I bought candoo home edition from pwc muscle . I paid 399.00 for it and it included 4 licenses

is it triggering fault codes?

No mate, it starts beeps then flashes across screen saying "check engine"then engine light comes on and ski goes into limp mood,then 10-15 seconds latter bursts back in to life.(no code appears)

Please get it in writing.
Write a letter to SeaDoo and cc the Dealer. Phone calls and talking leaves no trace.
Letters have to be answered. If you don't do this you will have no leg to stand on in the future.

Here on the forum, One guy had an issue with a dealer. Wrote a letter to SeaDoo. SeaDoo had the guy remove his pwc from the dealer and take to another.

Well bills motorcycles had my jet ski for nearly 3 weeks and between them and BRP Australia they thought they would replace muffler on exhaust and both wiring loomes which they did and ski is still not working properly(throughing codes).
I have emailed and phoned BRP 5 times last week and they won't even reply to emails or phone calls,bills motorcycles just have not got a clue and just say bring it back in(8 times in mechanics and 26 days) since I purchased ski at the end of October.
At last resort I emailed CEO of BRP in Canada last Monday to see if he can help out in anyway but as of yet I have not herd anything.
I feel as if I have been cheated out of $20000 and left with a very nasty taste in my mouth plus a ski that does not work properly,for a company the size and stature of BRP through out the world to treat a customer the way they have I think they should have a severe look in a mirror(BRP Australia especially) it does not take much to look in to a problem or reply to phone calls or emails.
I like a lot of people out there work hard to enjoy life but to be robbed of somethings you have worked hard for is shameful.
:rant::rant::banghead::banghead::banghead:

If you haven't already I'd check Aussie Consumer laws, get an opinion from a lawyer, and soon consider contacting the local press. Maybe some local
TV have a "Consumer Segment" where they delve into ripoffs etc. Because you for sure are being ripped off.

If you haven't already I'd check Aussie Consumer laws, get an opinion from a lawyer, and soon consider contacting the local press. Maybe some local
TV have a "Consumer Segment" where they delve into ripoffs etc. Because you for sure are being ripped off.

Yep mate I'm in process of all that just feel sick to the back teeth.
I would never have expected to be treated this way by a company like BRP(must be making to much money to bother now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back