RXDI No Power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

330xi

Good afternoon,
Last year my rxdi developed an issue of where I didn't have enough power to plane and it would only go to 6200 rpm if I did manage to get it to plane. Also would idle low and die if I let it idle too long.

I've done a compression test, 138psi exactly on both cylinders, replaced both fuel filters (inline filter is not a brp filter, got a filter that is capable of 120 psi constant from a local auto store), and I've also tried fresh 91 non-eth. Ski has 180hrs on it.

Where should I go next? Thank you.

What is your fuel pressure? If low, it will not run. Also check your wear ring...

Haven't checked fuel pressure yet.

I know it wouldn't be the wear ring as the ski simply won't rev. Trying to plane out it goes to 4200 and stays there.

Good point. You can build a fuel pressure guage fairly cheep. The fitting can be bought from advance auto, and a gauge can be a harbor freight compression gauge

Good point. You can build a fuel pressure guage fairly cheep. The fitting can be bought from advance auto, and a gauge can be a harbor freight compression gauge

Will do! I'll test that Tuesday when I get home from the lake.

Update: got a fuel pressure gauge set up, and at idle the needle bounces between 80 and 95, while on plane or wide open its a steady 105-110psi.

207.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back