RX DI, what is up with them??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSECONSOPOLUS

Just wanted to say we see so many D.I models in for limp mode and rectifier issues, is there somebody out there with an RX D.I that is actually happy with the ski? I burnt the rear piston due to an oiler failure and I am wondering if it is even worth the fix? I do plan on a block off plate and pre-mix this time but will the injection just give me problems in the end? When it did run, it ran very well. Played very nice, plenty of power, etc. Let me know what everyone thinks about this. Much appreciated.:cheers:

Cannot premix DIs

I've had 7 DIs including 2 RXs. They are all very hard to keep running well. You can not bypass the oil pump and use premix the way you can with all other 2 strokes. DIs, as the name states, injects the fuel directly into the combustion chamber and it does not circulate around the crank shaft. Your engine will last no more than 5 minutes without the oil pump.

damn, thats not what i wanted to hear, got the engine on my bench now, rear piston is bad and the rod on the crank is loose as hell. ima stick a gsxr 1000 engine in the hull with a lil crammin. PROJECT!!!!! lol j/k. i am up for suggestions though. After looking at it, why wouldnt the D.I inject the premix? same setup as a gsx ltd. o i c now, the bottom end would not get the lube......... crap...... glad we have the forums, would have been a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back