rope stuck now clanking noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hailey10

Being new to owning a Seadoo not exactly sure how it all goes together. My jetski a GTI LTD 155, 2011 sucked up some rope last weekend and immediately shut off. Was able to take grate off and remove the rope and took a short spin and all seemed fine. Went to use it today and before I took it off the lift I turned the steering to the left and heard and a clunking noise underneath, happens when turning either to the left or the right seems to be coming from the directional nozzle. The steering linkage appears to be intact. You can move the directional nozzle by hand and when I move it there is play in it and it makes the clunking noise. What should I check for?

Thanks for any assistance

If it's just the nozzle... I wouldn't worry about it too much. BUT... make sure there isn't any damage. (Physical cracks, or missing bolts) Also... make sure all the pump bolts are in place, and tight.

THank you for your response. I did not have time to use the Jetski since last week, but I did check all the bolts and everything looks tight and there is no obvious damage. I went for a ride today and there is a rubbing in the steering and when you turn the handlebars you hear a noise in the linkage underneath by the directional. Every now and then the jetski seems to be going from side to side as I am cruising along, seems strange since the lake was as smooth as glass. Other than that it all seems okay, is it possible the cable for the steering is loose?

Something has either loosened or stretched and allowing play. If possible, take a look at a ski that is in good operating condition as this may help you see what is wrong with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back