RIVA's 2012 Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 Turbo Charged (400hp)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
What can i say... OMFG!!!!! I want to add more letters but that wouldn't even express how crazy that is!!!!

I'm guessing you need a phychological evaluation! ;-) It would be fun to ride it... just once... or maybe all the time.

I'm sorry fellas I just have to own one of these to show the guys at my dealership that there is nothing you make that will ever catch me....

sounds impressive, but how much????

another $5-7 K????????

Yup, more than $7k not counting the thousands in internal engine upgrades. We've been making turbo systems for years now for a lot less than that, and with more power. $3-5k is about what it usually costs to buy or put together all the pieces to a basic turbo kit. The shiny pieces and parts and serious engine management systems/pump setups etc. are where all the money goes.

Engine kit, Turbo - $4,995
Exhaust Kit - $795
Intercooler - $649.95
Air intake kit - $TBA (I guess about $800)
Fuel injectors - $499.95
Fuel pressure regulator kit - $374.95
High Volume Fuel pump - $199.95
Piston/head stud/gasket/valve train/conrod upgrades - $3499.22
ECU/Athena Pro - $1599.95
RIVA open loop cooling kit - $374.95
Intake Grate - $149.95
Impellor - $300
Stainless Steel Wearring - $149.95
Sponsons - $324.95

Sub Total - $14,713.77
Labour probably about 2 weeks so 80 hours @ $60 = ~4.8-5k

Total = $19,713.77 (however sure there will be a big discount for buying the whole kit)

lol pretty much the only things that don't get replaced are the hull and shaft :p

Source: http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/turbo_rxpx260.asp#

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes replacing the stock shaft due to the weak splines issue would be a good idea. If a 260HP can shave the splines off imagine what 500hp can do.

HOLY CARP! do want. I've just picked up my RXP 2012 from the dealer the other day, hopeful to set it in the lake this weekend... i figured i'd ride it out (stock) this summer, get a feel for the new hull, and handling in general, then possibly send it off in the fall for a winter overhaul.

I was super stoked to get out on a 650HP RXP in ft. Lauderdale with Alex Petrovic and Team Mean a couple months back, and man... that ALS system and the turbocharger was a face melter. loved the shit out of it for hours! at least right up until one of the guys couldn't dig in on what looked like at least a 50mph turn, bailed hard, and beached the thing and landed the ski 15 ft. up into a tree. (not kidding) thank god he was okay.... the RXP, unfortunately, suffered a much worse fate. :(

so loving the new design of the RXP... but that black and yellow look has got to go, god damn is it ever hideous looking. time to custom this thing. :)

Jesus Mary and Joseph, Mathew Mark Luke and John!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest ski I have ever seen!!!
500HP????? OMG!!!! That is scary just thinking about what that would do WOT!!!:coolgleam:

My RXT-X is super impressive at 255hp. I can't image a 500hp ski.

I would like to ride it once just to fel the power.

I'm new to the sport. I just don't understand how more horsepower will get you more top speed on direct drive setup. Wouldn't top end be limited to the max rpm of the motor. Especially when you aren't modifying the drive unit. Obviously more horsepower will get you to top end faster.

I'm new to the sport. I just don't understand how more horsepower will get you more top speed on direct drive setup. Wouldn't top end be limited to the max rpm of the motor. Especially when you aren't modifying the drive unit. Obviously more horsepower will get you to top end faster.

More horsepower means the propeller needs a steeper pitch to keep the RPMs off the rev limiter. Spinning 8000 RPMs with a 15/22 propeller is moving a lot more water vs. 8000 RPMs with a 13/18 propeller. The increase in amount of water being processed translates into higher speeds. Some stock machines these days can go around 70 MPH. Highly modified ones have done 106 MPH in competition and most likely higher in non-sanctioned riding.

Thanks! That makes sense but I didn't see the video make mention of an upgraded propeller. That's why I was confused with everyone asking about the new top end.

Back