removing jet pump from 2005 RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeman446

I got started on this, I removed the steering and reverse cables and now i dont know what to do. I tried taking out one of the 4 bolts closest to the back of the ski and it snapped. It was pretty badly corroded. I also removed the back 4 nuts, but i cant pull it out. Im trying to remove the engine from the jetski. Any help is greatly appreciated. What do i do now?

I got started on this, I removed the steering and reverse cables and now i dont know what to do. I tried taking out one of the 4 bolts closest to the back of the ski and it snapped. It was pretty badly corroded. I also removed the back 4 nuts, but i cant pull it out. Im trying to remove the engine from the jetski. Any help is greatly appreciated. What do i do now?

Hit the remaining 3 bolts on the nozzle with wd40. and try again. Then remove reverse bucket spring. If you've removed the nuts/lock washers and flat washers from the pump....and it still won't move....try wiggling the entire thing side to side and up and down. Don't forget to loosen the hose clamp at the top of the pump and pull hose from whit fitting.

Can i pull the entire assembly out first and THEN get the remaining three bolts out, or does it work like that? I'm not going to work on the impeller just yet, I want to take off whatever I have to, to get the engine out. I might have to do that, but its going to take a bit more work since i really messed up one of those bolts. I already pulled the hose off too. I didn't know i had to take the spring off. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...if you're gonna take it all off at once you don't have to pull the spring. And yes...I suppose you can do just that...leave the nozzle on when you remove the pump...I've never done it that way....dunno why you couldn't.

Thanks for the reply. I looked up another guide and after a bit of searching i realized its okay to use force with it. I saw ratchet straps attached to one to pull it out. I wont be so extreme at first, but it might get to that. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back