Rebuilt Engine Installation - What's NOT in the install guide?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy

Hey everyone:

I've got an engine coming from SBT for the mess that is my 94 SPX. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and all, and I've read the install guides and everything. But I know that there's a ton of knowledge around here about things that probably AREN'T in the documentation that SBT provides. I've got the service guide PDF as well.

Advice on things to do and not to do before the first start? I've done several forum and Google searches and haven't really found a "be all, end all" thread that gives me a lot of confidence. I'm a little nervous about it, so my intention is to just go crazy slow and be more than comfortable with each step as I go along.

I'm looking for simple things, like should I crank the thing over by hand a bunch of times before I actually do a real start to get fluids moving? Should I be oiling any "special" places during the re-assembly?

Thanks guys!

u should spin it by hand before installing it to see if everything moves freely. the installation isnt tricky just do the same thing u did to take it out but backwards. idk the spx but on my xp theres oil injection so if u have that you can spin the oil pump with a drill to get the oil in the lines. just make sure you torque everything correctly (im guessing u still have to put some parts on the engine before installing, carbs, exhaust, starter.....) you dont want to ride around for 1 hour and have a water leak from your exhaust cause you didnt torque it correctly

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back